Recalled/Assigned: Andersson assigned to GR

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Not sure what sending Andersson to Grand Rapids proves, With Miller out for the year even with AA up we were at 14 Forwards and now we only have 13 Forwards unless Holland was planning on bringing up another body can't see why Andersson had to be sent down that only leaves us with one healthy body Pulkkinen in case of injuries.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Okay i think i'm getting it now, With AA staying up it's more of a depth factor to help out Grand Rapids i would believe then any thing was just curious why Andersson would be sent down when we didn't need to send him down being short of bodies ourselves.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
If he isn't playing anyways, I don't mind him getting some TOI with the Griffins in the meanwhile.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Okay i think i'm getting it now, With AA staying up it's more of a depth factor to help out Grand Rapids i would believe then any thing was just curious why Andersson would be sent down when we didn't need to send him down being short of bodies ourselves.

I think they just want the option to recall another defensemen last minute in case there are issues with DK. By my count we are currently at 23.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Good. AA actually has the 3rd best Points/60 on the team right now although obviously a small sample size. He deserves more opportunity so this is a good sign.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Saw that a defenseman was called up from Toledo to GR, maybe XO is getting a chance this time?

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Saw that a defenseman was called up from Toledo to GR, maybe XO is getting a chance this time?

I doubt it. Dekeyser is fine after taking a shot to the knee. Kronwall and Green should be ready by next week - 10 days.

He should get a shot over Kindl, though.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
What's the consensus on Anderson here? I never really liked the guy myself.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!

People liked him because he was better than Emmerton. Then he never really improved further while still holding down a roster spot, blocking guys, and people soured on him. once Glendening came up I think Andersson no longer has had a role other than depth forward.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Good. AA actually has the 3rd best Points/60 on the team right now although obviously a small sample size. He deserves more opportunity so this is a good sign.
It is, but he was great in the preseason, so the sample size is not so small after all. I think he and obviously Larkin, and Helm for that matter, compensate for the lack of Dmen ability to pass the puck by their speed.
People liked him because he was better than Emmerton. Then he never really improved further while still holding down a roster spot, blocking guys, and people soured on him. once Glendening came up I think Andersson no longer has had a role other than depth forward.

He had a couple of good playoff games some years ago.

Aug 6, 2012

He came up a few years ago and actually had a pretty good impact as 3C between Nyquist and Brunner. That line was a big reason why we beat the Ducks if I remember correctly. Been pretty useless ever since, could hold a roster spot because of some pretty basic abilities.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
That's exactly it. He's not terrible. But he's the definition of dime a dozen and replaceable. We have Nosek and AA that should be playing over him and that's with injuries to Miller. If the forwards are healthy Andersson shouldn't even be the extra man. He's too slow and to top that off he doesn't provide anything in the way of offense or grit. At least Glendening goes out and hits people and gets under their skin. Andersson is a warm body.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON

Lets be honest, Anderson is a borderline NHL player.

As we have better players joining the red wings now, his position here has been eliminated.

He does what we wanted him too just fine. There just is no place in the NHL for players with no offensive skills anymore.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
He's not a bad player. He does a lot well. But nothing exceptional. Can be a 4th line center if needed. But on a good, healthy team, he's at best a 14th forward.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I think andy's problem is he's not particularly good at anything. Not a good skater, not a good shooter, not a playmaker, not a tough guy. He's serviceable and I think he puts out a lot of effort but just maybe on the low end of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad