Prospect Info: Andersson and Emmerton

Dtb1381

Dec 30, 2011
Boston
I am in a dynasty league and have Andersson and Emmerton. I assume Andersson will be in your guys line up, but will Emmerton? If so where do you guys project them to be in your lineup. Thanks

RedWingsNow*

Not likely for Emmerton.
Maybe as 4th line center if Helm is hurt.
But not likely
Andersson could be 3rd or 4th line center -- again, depending on Helm.

I could see Andersson putting up 10 goals and 30 points if he gets regular TOI with Nyquist and Tatar
But if he's on a line with Miller and Eaves... 7 goals 18 points or something

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I am in a dynasty league and have Andersson and Emmerton. I assume Andersson will be in your guys line up, but will Emmerton? If so where do you guys project them to be in your lineup. Thanks

If Helm is healthy, he is the 3rd lie center, Andersson is the 4th, and Emmerton is on the outside looking in (or on another team as a reserve forward or 4th line center)

If Helm is not healthy, Andersson is the 3rd line center and Emmerton is possibly the 4th line center (if he's still on the team).

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto

There is a non zero percent chance Emmerton doesn't even make the roster this season. I don't think he has any value under any scoring system I'm aware of either.

Andersson is different; a lot of us (Wings fans, not just this forum) worry that he's not the most skilled guy in the system. He's probably never going to give you 20 goals. He is however a very good passer, responsible defensively, etc. He has some upside but again he's not super talented. Also, non-zero percent chance he ends up on a line with less than awesome defensive players; which would affect his plus minus significantly. Unsure how much that matters to your league.

Good luck! :)

Dtb1381

Dec 30, 2011
Boston
This must be the deepest league in the history of fantasy sports....

Haha thanks guys, it's a 24 team league so it's pretty deep, that fills a whole team 12-6-2. I am at a rebuild and rookie contracts are extremely cheap 4 years at 250,000 so if you can get an NHL regular at that price it's extremely helpful in filling out your roster.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
At worst Andersson is our 4th line staple for many years to come. Helm's health will obviously determine if he stays on the 4th or gets bumped to the 3rd. That said, did he not center the line with Tatar in Grand Rapids? I think there's a little more offensive value there than he gets credit for. He make Emmerton an obsolete option though. Emmerton's only real value is on the PK, a role Andersson more than comfortably fits

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Haha thanks guys, it's a 24 team league so it's pretty deep, that fills a whole team 12-6-2. I am at a rebuild and rookie contracts are extremely cheap 4 years at 250,000 so if you can get an NHL regular at that price it's extremely helpful in filling out your roster.

I would assume someone already has Tatar? Because, if you're looking for a "rookie" on Detroit who can turn into a rip off at that cap charge; he's the guy.

Dtb1381

Dec 30, 2011
Boston
I would assume someone already has Tatar? Because, if you're looking for a "rookie" on Detroit who can turn into a rip off at that cap charge; he's the guy.

I do not I'm the Rangers and just have those guys. I also have Drea miller who is set to become a free agent. Do you guys think I should resign him (these are all my fourth line guys)

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Nah.
You've got Jarnkrok and Sheahan who might be a year away.

There's no guarantee Andersson is a staple.

Jarnkrok has more offensive upside. Sheahan perhaps, but I think I'd prefer him @ 3c and move Helm to the wing with some creative scorers where his speed can utilized

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
I do not I'm the Rangers and just have those guys. I also have Drea miller who is set to become a free agent. Do you guys think I should resign him (these are all my fourth line guys)

I can't tell you how many points Andersson is going to score next year; I think we're all kinda hoping the 3rd line is a wicked scoring line because of Tatar so it's probably worth keeping him. Miller isn't going to get any better, check his stats from the last few years and ask "can I do better than that on the market" because he's not going to improve.

There's almost no chance you can't find SOMEONE better than Emmerton out there. He might not even be a Red Wing by July 6th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad