Value of: Anderson to Pitt?

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
not sure what his cap hit is or the years remaining on his contract but with the murray issue i think anderson will give them that security they need in case murray's issues are season long especially going into the playoffs.

thoughts?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Murray is their guy.

He's dropped but that's since he almost essentially won back-to-back Cups so lets give him some time to find his game.

He does come accross as having a massive ego.

GSG1165

Sep 9, 2010
Ottawa
Anderson when on his game is as good as anyone. So far he's looked the part in 2 games.

I believe that Ottawa has no interest in moving him at this point given they want to compete for a playoff spot. Best case scenario is he's lights out this year so we can move him at the deadline or summer.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Jarry > Anderson at that hit for 2 years. Maybe even with the same hit
Yeah i have full confidence in Tristan Jarry if it comes down to it. Not to mention i think everyone is glad Matt Murray was given the reigns in 2016 instead of getting a mediocre veteran when Fleury went down.

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
Jarry > Anderson at that hit for 2 years. Maybe even with the same hit
difference is anderson can steal a game for you, can jarry? pens are on their last run. you make the playoffs and you go for the stanley cup with jarry (if murray is out long term)? i not so sure jarry is that good or the pens D to steal games when need be when someone like anderson still could. just my opinion.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
difference is anderson can steal a game for you, can jarry? pens are on their last run. you make the playoffs and you go for the stanley cup with jarry (if murray is out long term)? i not so sure jarry is that good or the pens D to steal games when need be when someone like anderson still could. just my opinion.
I think Jarry has a better chance than Anderson but could understand an argument for either. I just think if I am the Pens I do not give up assets for Anderson when the answer could be Jarry, or Mason or Lehtonen.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Both Pens back-ups had much better numbers last year than Anderson.

So yeah, we'll stick with what we have instead of giving up assets for a bad old goalie on a big contract.

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
Both Pens back-ups had much better numbers last year than Anderson.

So yeah, we'll stick with what we have instead of giving up assets for a bad old goalie on a big contract.
back ups tend to have better numbers because the team plays tighter D to protect the back up. thats why hes a back up. hes not good enough to be a starter. not to say backs up dont turn into starters but for the most part there's a reason why they're back ups. Anderson maybe be old but hes not bad. he could still play and steal a game. look what SJ did to ott for EK. you mean that PITT doesnt have its own fire hose?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
back ups tend to have better numbers because the team plays tighter D to protect the back up. thats why hes a back up. hes not good enough to be a starter. not to say backs up dont turn into starters but for the most part there's a reason why they're back ups. Anderson maybe be old but hes not bad. he could still play and steal a game. look what SJ did to ott for EK. you mean that PITT doesnt have its own fire hose?

That's fine. Jarry and DeSmith played 40 games between them last year and held the fort perfectly well. Nothing suggests Murray will be out longer than that, so we'll go with them and see how they perform.

I don't care if Anderson can come in and "steal a game". He can also stink over the course of a full season, which he did last year.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Jarry had a sky high quality save percentage last season - I believe he can.

Look, if this was January, maybe I'd feel different. But right now the Pens have very little to lose in terms of letting the youngsters have a go and a lot to gain. And there's no trade or roster complications in doing so.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
For Murray, it's a matter of staying healthy - or in his case, playing again. You have to wonder the long-term effect (both professionally and personally) these concussions are having on him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I have both Murray and Price as keepers in my hockey pool. I got screwed over last year with off and on injuries. Looks like Murray is at it again. I feel for Pens fans... they need him to be healthy and the back-ups are meh.

It should be interesting to see how they manage this and if they try to get a goalie. Someone cheap but can back up Murry if he is not healthy

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
not sure what his cap hit is or the years remaining on his contract but with the murray issue i think anderson will give them that security they need in case murray's issues are season long especially going into the playoffs.

thoughts?

I mean you could take five seconds and look up Anderson's cap hit and years left, it would probably take less time than starting a thread.

Reactions: Tweed and Riptide

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

thoughts?

Should probably look those up before posting a proposal, seeing how we live in a cap world and those things are kinda important...

Reactions: Tweed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad