Value of: Anderson to Flyers

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Flyers need help but not in goal.. Flyers need a d-men for starters.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Flyers need help but not in goal.. Flyers need a d-men for starters.
After watching them today I might agree with you. Hard to say what's worse; the d-men or the goalie? However, one goalie might help sooner than finding multiple d-men.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
After watching them today I might agree with you. Hard to say what's worse; the d-men or the goalie? However, one goalie might help sooner than finding multiple d-men.
Elliott will be back... he was ok for us %.910 - .911 Michal Neuvirth should be waived. He is trash.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
4.75mil until 2020. Hart should be ready at the latest next year.

Anderson is kind of like Elliot. I don’t see us giving assets for a longer term medium skill goalie.

If anything, I see it being similar to Mrazeks deal to the Flyers last year.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
4.75mil until 2020. Hart should be ready at the latest next year.

Anderson is kind of like Elliot. I don’t see us giving assets for a longer term medium skill goalie.

If anything, I see it being similar to Mrazeks deal to the Flyers last year.

Hart will need a reliable veteran backup, in case he struggles out of the gate like he did in the AHL. Maybe Anderson isn't that guy (dependent on price) but the two of them would be under 6 mil total. It'd certainly be feasible, at the very least.

I think the bigger problem is does Anderson want to pack up and move for short term given the situation with his wife. While last I understood, she was in remission, these things rarely are that straightforward.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I'll give you one heavily used Michael Neurvirth and Tyrell Goulbourne, but mostly to just get rid of Neurvirth and Goulbourne. Anderson is a lateral move, so there is no real reason to give up any meaningful assets there.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Hart will need a reliable veteran backup, in case he struggles out of the gate like he did in the AHL. Maybe Anderson isn't that guy (dependent on price) but the two of them would be under 6 mil total. It'd certainly be feasible, at the very least.

I think the bigger problem is does Anderson want to pack up and move for short term given the situation with his wife. While last I understood, she was in remission, these things rarely are that straightforward.
Yeah I agree.

I think they offer Elliot another year at a lower cost deal so they have more money incase TK, Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim, and possibly Simmonds aren’t easy negotiators. Elliot could be serviceable as a tandem with Hart so he can gain some experience.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
I’ll be the first sens fan to respond I guess. IMO he’s not worth much in a trade and the sens have no one that can take his spot in the lineup. Obviously if you offered something useful like your high 2nd and Elliot, I imagine that’s something the sens would think about. Andy only has maybe 3 more years left, but he’s a solid goalie and I saw a stat that said he’s 2nd among all tendys in the league for wins above expectation. He’s getting shelled in Ottawa, not sure the flyers are much better defensively so he might have a similar impact and win you a few crucial games.

So, to sum it up. 2nd+Elliot might be fine. The sens will need to go out and sign another starter, as no one in the pipeline looks ready. I think the sens rather just hold onto him and see if maybe they can find a quality backup for next year, and I’m not sure Andy will be a big enough difference maker for the flyers to be worth the price to a team that doesn’t want to trade him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah I agree.

I think they offer Elliot another year at a lower cost deal so they have more money incase TK, Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim, and possibly Simmonds aren’t easy negotiators. Elliot could be serviceable as a tandem with Hart so he can gain some experience.

I'd be ok with Elliott if they just shut him down for this year and tell him to get healthy. I think Elliott is a fairly underrated 1B option.

Either way, sounds like we agree that Hart certainly isn't ready to take the reins as if next year like most expected, and will need some sort of insurance behind him, at the very keast.

Euforic

Dec 1, 2018
Not Anderson from OTT but PHI
need:
- Matt Duchene (cause Nolan need chillouts)
-Mark Stone

In exchange for: idk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad