Injury Report: Anderson Injury - Sprained Ankle, Update: 4 April 2013 - Ready to Go!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't know how I'd feel if he came back against the Leafs saturday. I want him to return 100% and I feel like there'd be a lot of pressure to perform well in that game. If he wasn't 100% and he didn't perform well it wouldn't be good. :(

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
It wouldnt shock me to see EK step on the ice in the playoffs, but I dont think he will be very good if he does.

There is absolutely no chance the Senators risk ruining Karlsson's career to win a couple of playoff games this year. So far everyone in the organization has said the timeline for return is next season regardless.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
well, take it from two NHL players, one of whom was a teammate of a guy who had a high ankle sprain. a HIGH sprain is a different animal than just a garden variety ankle sprain.

As I understand it, until very recently in pro sports you were expected to come back from any injury well before the pain subsided (it still happens a bit). Rhodes was probably told by team doctors that his ankle was almost better, and he probably felt pressure to play.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
EK better not play playoffs

Why not? This might be ALfredsson's last year and we'll need all hands on deck if we're going to make a run. Pittsburgh is disintegrating and Boston is beatable. Leafs are beatable, so are Habs...no silver bullets against us out there. He plays in the playoffs, if we're out in round one he can rest till Septermber, if we make the finals and he wins a championship it will all be worth it...

DonthaveaCOWEN

Jul 29, 2010
Why not? This might be ALfredsson's last year and we'll need all hands on deck if we're going to make a run. Pittsburgh is disintegrating and Boston is beatable. Leafs are beatable, so are Habs...no silver bullets against us out there. He plays in the playoffs, if we're out in round one he can rest till Septermber, if we make the finals and he wins a championship it will all be worth it...

Wow... just wow! A) Pittsburgh has won 13 GAMES IN A ROW and B) Karlsson is not coming back anytime before Round 3 IF it happens at all.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Wow... just wow! A) Pittsburgh has won 13 GAMES IN A ROW and B) Karlsson is not coming back anytime before Round 3 IF it happens at all.

Whatever man did you not read his post? If Karlsson wins a Cup then ruining the rest of his career is totally worth it. Who needs a functioning leg when you've got a championship ring?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Whatever man did you not read his post? If Karlsson wins a Cup then ruining the rest of his career is totally worth it. Who needs a functioning leg when you've got a championship ring?

The fact that I even entertained this idea for a second......

I want a cup.

:help:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
it's not just "months" though. chum suggested he was NEVER able to really recover.

Since I didn't hear this, either Dono told the story wrong or it was heard wrong. Being a huge Dusty fan, I followed his career in Atlanta. He did have a high ankle sprain, but what did him in was a terrible knee injury. He kept reinjuring that same knee over and over and he became unreliable and was soon bought out by the Thrashers.

His ankle had nothing to do with his career ending. His knee did.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The recovery time for the injury is 3 months at best.

Karlsson said everything going well. He isn't even running though so it will take him at least another month to do "light skating" following by another month to be on the level Cowen is now.

If we make Conference finals we may see him but that's if we need him.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Isn't there a whole other thread for EK's injury discussion?

What are the chances Anderson plays against the Rangers? Or is Lehner or Bishop expected to play?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Isn't there a whole other thread for EK's injury discussion?

What are the chances Anderson plays against the Rangers? Or is Lehner or Bishop expected to play?

Bishop has been announced the starter for Thursday's game. Andy said he's not ruling out playing Saturday.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
What the ******* IS GOING ON.

Anderson goes from day to day to possibly missing the season?

Spezza goes from 2 month rehab and worst case scenario back on April 3rdish to not even playing the whole year?

Something just tells me the news of them possibly coming back is just to raise morale?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wonder if this "aggressive" rehab might not be as good as some have been saying.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What the ******* IS GOING ON.

Anderson goes from day to day to possibly missing the season?

Spezza goes from 2 month rehab and worst case scenario back on April 3rdish to not even playing the whole year?

Something just tells me the news of them possibly coming back is just to raise morale?

And Cowen was supposed to be all season and there he is on the ice hitting Silfverberg.

It's the NHL where any advantage you can get, you take. It's all about misinformation through the press especially with the trade deadline around the corner.

The guys in the locker room know exactly what's happening with their teammates. Way more than we or the press do.

As for Anderson, I bet he doesn't start until right after the trade deadline. They are trying to maximize either Bishop or Lehner's value and what better way than to say: "look, this guy is one of our starting goalies, he's too valuable to us with Anderson possibly out for the season..."

Team that's interested then ups its trade to pry one of our young studs away.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
And Cowen was supposed to be all season and there he is on the ice hitting Silfverberg.

It's the NHL where any advantage you can get, you take. It's all about misinformation through the press especially with the trade deadline around the corner.

The guys in the locker room know exactly what's happening with their teammates. Way more than we or the press do.

As for Anderson, I bet he doesn't start until right after the trade deadline. They are trying to maximize either Bishop or Lehner's value and what better way than to say: "look, this guy is one of our starting goalies, he's too valuable to us with Anderson possibly out for the season..."

Team that's interested then ups its trade to pry one of our young studs away.

This.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad