Proposal: Andersen

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Andersen is the only reason Toronto is in the majority of their games. He would be a great get, but I have zero interest in giving up quality assets to get him.

Ya, this team isn’t just a goalie away from contending. It had two good starters this season, and were still deadline sellers/were on track to miss the playoffs.

Makes no sense to make a “win-now” trade for a goalie.

Reactions: Brightwing

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Ya, this team isn’t just a goalie away from contending. It had two good starters this season, and were still deadline sellers/were on track to miss the playoffs.

Makes no sense to make a “win-now” trade for a goalie.
exactly. keep building and use crawford in the mean time. maybe you trade for askarov or knight but thats about it.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
he had a .909 save % which is below League AVG he has never had a year in the top 3rd of the league. he is fine but no reason to give him $$$ or assets. Corey back makes way more sense.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don’t think that really matters. Kid is arguably the best goalie prospect in the league.

It does though. A lot of times GM come in and reshape everything. What they do with Bob is the key. Maybe they eat half the deal and move him? You never know.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It does though. A lot of times GM come in and reshape everything. What they do with Bob is the key. Maybe they eat half the deal and move him? You never know.
I just don’t see Knight moving at all. This kid has some crazy high potential even with the anchor in front of him.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
My top 4, to keep or to get goalies:

Crawford
Fleury(50% retain)
Andersen(50%retain)
Varlamov(50% retain)

These might be able to get, retain not so sure.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Andersen is the only reason Toronto is in the majority of their games. He would be a great get, but I have zero interest in giving up quality assets to get him.

This. I didn’t think it was possible for a Toronto Maple Leaf to be underrated but here we are

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
We will see. Bob complicates everything.
He really doesn’t that much. Yes his contract sucks, but Knight gets one more year in college. 1 in the AHL. 1 year as a backup/transition and in year 5 he’s the starter with a crazy high priced backup who has 2 years left.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Tallon picked him, not Zito. All bets are off.
I'd love Knight, but Bob being absolute garbage does not help our case for his availability. He's 100% more valuable than that horrible contract.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ok...how about Andersen(30% retain by Leafs) +Hyman+Leafs 2nd 2020 for Murphy+Kampf +Sikura AND either ()Nylander or rights to Maxim Shalunov)?

Means leafs woukd retain $1.5 million per year on Anderesen's contract and Hawks cao hit on goaliexstarrter woukd be $3.5 million...

Hyman is 2.25 million cap hit but Kampfvisvpnly $1million cal hot forc1 year and Sikura only $750k for 1 year ...If they want Shalunov over Nylander he woukd not costcanythibg this coming season due to final year of Khl cobtract or maybe they prefer adding Nykander now instead and take his cal hit hoping his brother can change hom into a productive player.

In any case this seems like a good deal proposal to me ..
Or maybe tgey wpukd lijecwe threw in Delia ...sure ..forcanotger Leafs 2nsd in 3021.

I am sure we can work out a deL..as thdy want STAH RD and want a change in goal...

I would then buy out Caroenter..

So we would re-vamp our c4th line to:

Highmore Shaw Hyman which should be tons better than with Carpenter and Kampf there ...

Would also love love tfat Leafs 2nd rounder to help our draft harvest...

Money is never an objection to Leafs but a 50% caovretention for Andersen too much for them as it eats too much cap.

So all in alkl his seems likexa fair deal...

We do mot need Murphy because we must have room at RD to re-insert Seabrook and add Mitchell..

So woukdvyou rather have Crawfordxtaking a discount to $3.5 cap and try to get something else better for Murphy +Kampf +other assets than Hyman + a 2nd in the 40s to help re-do our4th line?

I just think this deal I propose solve as lot of areas for both teams trying to re
-jigt tfeir teams andcre-bakanve their caps...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Bob at 50% retained could be an interesting buy low play...it's the duration of the deal that is scary

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Why the f*** would we trade Murphy? Terrible trade might be one of the worst trades I’ve seen from 50.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
No to trading Murphy. Not interested in Andersen even though he’s talented. I’d much rather take a shot on Demko if he’s available. Otherwise, bring Crawford back on a 1-year deal.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Why the f*** would we trade Murphy? Terrible trade might be one of the worst trades I’ve seen from 50.

Agreed.... but I do recognize the desperation some fans feel about the Hawks defensive game. Just watch any game going on right now and it is easy to see that the current Hawks team could not compete.

We will keep hearing "potential" for a few more years yet, I'm afraid but this teams needs compete and a system more than anything specific. Rant over.

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

If you can grab a mid 1st or a young NHL LHD for him you pull trigger

Murphy's value will never be higher then at this point

If teams are interested you certainly listen

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
With the way Demko has been playing the last two games, it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they were leaning towards keeping him and letting Markstrom walk. I believe the Canucks are or about to be in cap hell.

Reactions: Muffinalt

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
What if the Hawks trade for Frederik Andersen and sign him to the Varlamov 4 year 20m deal...5m per yr?

Based on the Trade and Rumor page the Leafs are looking to move him and maybe picking up Murray from Pitt?

What would it take to acquire?

There are worse ideas, I suppose. That's all I got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad