Proposal: Andersen

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
What if the Hawks trade for Frederik Andersen and sign him to the Varlamov 4 year 20m deal...5m per yr?

Based on the Trade and Rumor page the Leafs are looking to move him and maybe picking up Murray from Pitt?

What would it take to acquire?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Who are your top 3 options instead BK?

Going into next season? Demko would be my target and I have been saying that for a while. I would look to acquire a young up and coming goalie as opposed to a Freddy A. type. I would grab Murray before Freddy.

I am not sure what the Canadians are thinking with Jake Allen so I might take a run at Primeau along with Knight from Florida.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
It makes no sense for Habs to trade Primeau. Allen is overpaid , etc but is a UFA in 1 yr and Price is only getting older so they wont give away future in Primeau

As for Knight it will all depend on new GM. Knight wasn't his pick so its always possible he considers sending him away

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It makes no sense for Habs to trade Primeau. Allen is overpaid , etc but is a UFA in 1 yr and Price is only getting older so they wont give away future in Primeau

As for Knight it will all depend on new GM. Knight wasn't his pick so its always possible he considers sending him away

Price is there for so long that Primeau makes sense to trade if the deal is right. Price has 6 years left on his deal after this season.

Knight and Demko would be my first targets.

Reactions: TPOEJ6489

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Going into next season? Demko would be my target and I have been saying that for a while. I would look to acquire a young up and coming goalie as opposed to a Freddy A. type. I would grab Murray before Freddy.

I am not sure what the Canadians are thinking with Jake Allen so I might take a run at Primeau along with Knight from Florida.

BK I totally agree with you that the Hawks need a young G. And agree with Demko...until he was lights out he was probably isn't available now. I don't mind Freddy A, he is 30.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No.

Close this thread. Or at least move it and all the 'no' posts into the 20-21 thread. We don't need no stinking thread about Freddy Andersen.

Reactions: Hinterland

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It’s fine. It certainly isn’t burying anything down the page during the offseason lull.
I know, but if you do it for one goalie on the market, what, are you going to have one for all the goalies available? Where is Matt Murray's thread?

Just stupid to have a thread about a player of another team that is in no way currently linked to us IMO.

Reactions: BK

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Price is there for so long that Primeau makes sense to trade if the deal is right. Price has 6 years left on his deal after this season.

Florida won't move Knight, especially since Bob's play is already poor

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I never liked Andersen. I wouldn't want him on the Hawks even if he was an improvement.

Let Delia/Lankinen/Subban battle it out and maybe get a cheap veteran 1B type goalie in case they all suck.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
For the price of his next contract and the assets to get him, better off keeping Crawford. Or go get a guy like Khudobin/Greiss in UFA. Murray in a trade on the cheap. Pass on Freddy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Andersen is the only reason Toronto is in the majority of their games. He would be a great get, but I have zero interest in giving up quality assets to get him.

Reactions: Drumman44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->