Injury Report: Andersen Injured - Out 3-4 Weeks

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
CrmyfZuXYAAKJmo.jpg

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
they do. (not re: to tournaments like this), but you can't do something stupid to hurt yourself that prevents you from participating as a member of your club. who was that goalie for Minnesota who kicked/punched a wall (and a LOT of drinking was involved) and the Wild suspended him without pay?

I'm sorry but when you invest millions into someone and they in turn (as an organization) stand to get 50% of those millions back in revenue i think having some lines drawn in the sand is in order.

Should they be wrapped in cotton wool and prohibited from doing anything? When Jimmy Key was pitching for the Jays he once injured himself (broken ankle) changing a light bulb.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Are the leafs on the hook for the medical bills and salary? Would seem crazy if it was on his own merit and he wasn't injured during his employment with the leafs.

Do you really think that a team with more money than God cares about medical bills for a minor injury or that a millionaire player couldn't pay them himself? As for the salary, does his contract even kick in before camp starts?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Now if only Matthews could get an "injury" to bow out of this tournament. It's his first fall with the organization and he should be concentrating on that not some artificial team.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Looks like they just taking him out of the tournament for precaution. He was suppose to he out just a week.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
As long as he's in for the leafs season opener, I'm okay with it. Being potential his biggest year (as far as "workooad" is concerned), it's maybe not such a horrible thing having him miss out on the world cup.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I feel a lingering injury for the year. Seen this before lol

Bad luck Leafs. Except for the 1st pick luck of the draw.

Doubtful. There is no reason to have the Leafs rush Andersen to get ready for the start of the season. If anything, they'll give him extra rest at the start of the year to ensure it's not a nagging injury. No point for a rebuilding team like the Leafs, with no pressure to win, to start the year with their new starting goalie (who just signed a big contract) already banged up.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Well it's not good news, but hopefully he'll be good to go at the start of the year. Would be ideal if he could be there for at least some of training camp, but can't get picky.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Doubtful. There is no reason to have the Leafs rush Andersen to get ready for the start of the season. If anything, they'll give him extra rest at the start of the year to ensure it's not a nagging injury. No point for a rebuilding team like the Leafs, with no pressure to win, to start the year with their new starting goalie (who just signed a big contract) already banged up.

Jhonas Enroth must be happy right now... He should get a chance to play in more than 16 games this year. :popcorn:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Wonder if he kept the receipt for his new helmet. Kinda sucks for him, I'm sure he was excited.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I'm sure he'll be in between the pipes for the season opener vs. the sens. This is the reason they turned to Enroth instead of promoting Sparks. Enroth should be capable if Andersen isn't ready to go out of the gate for some reason. Makes me (and I'm sure management ) feel a lot more comfortable knowing Enroth is there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->