Injury Report: Andersen Injured - Out 3-4 Weeks

LeafErikson

Schwifty 24/7
Jun 23, 2004
Victoria B.C.
No reason for overreactions. He's probably ok to even play in the World Cup, but his season with the Leafs is far more important, so there's no point in taking silly risks.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I'm sure he'll be in between the pipes for the season opener vs. the sens. This is the reason they turned to Enroth instead of promoting Sparks. Enroth should be capable if Andersen isn't ready to go out of the gate for some reason. Makes me (and I'm sure management ) feel a lot more comfortable knowing Enroth is there

Yep, if Enroth has to go in for a few games that is fine as he is more than capable of doing so. Nothing to worry about.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I'm guessing lower body injury.

hes not that injured ....but the leafs do treat injuries a lot more thorough than in the past ,I think you ll see many players benefit from being shut down last year ,I think ythre players appreciate not being rushed back also ,Anderson will still get in I bet 3 exhibition games

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
hes not that injured ....but the leafs do treat injuries a lot more thorough than in the past ,I think you ll see many players benefit from being shut down last year ,I think ythre players appreciate not being rushed back also ,Anderson will still get in I bet 3 exhibition games

No need to rush back when playoffs aren't on the line. Bottom feeders see no risk in taking precautions.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Not worried, sounds like he should be fine for the start of the season, and even likely some preseason games. Even if the injury is significantly worse than expected, we have an excellent backup in Enroth who can hold down the fort.

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Reading between the lines, you know this means he finished because Babcock didn't use the "work hard, train hard, he's too hard not to" description.:sarcasm:

He said ready to go 3 times...the question is where? maybe he is trying to influence a trade.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Update:

Injured Andersen Takes Part in Leafs Practice

Kristen Shilton

While all the buzz leading up to Wednesday’s training camp practice for the Toronto Maple Leafs was about Auston Matthews, the team quietly got some good news on the injury front.

Not listed on Wednesday's practice roster, goaltender Frederik Andersen appeared in full gear with Antoine Bibeau and Jhonas Enroth to start the second session of the day. He participated fully in the hour-long practice, looking comfortable in the crease.

Full story here

ForSpareParts*

Update:

Kristen Shilton

While all the buzz leading up to Wednesday’s training camp practice for the Toronto Maple Leafs was about Auston Matthews, the team quietly got some good news on the injury front.

Not listed on Wednesday's practice roster, goaltender Frederik Andersen appeared in full gear with Antoine Bibeau and Jhonas Enroth to start the second session of the day. He participated fully in the hour-long practice, looking comfortable in the crease.

Full story here

Good news

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
Update:

Kristen Shilton

Full story here

Getting excited about the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->