Player Discussion Anders Nilsson (G)

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
As he showed late last season, Nilsson is at his very worst a .500 game win / loss goalie on a so-so team and on a good team a lot better. If he continues that pace and above then ..YES - re-sign him to an extension next summer. His deal actually drops from $2.8M to $2.4M next season so it's an interesting low jump off point. Even if at some point he loses his spot to a rising star (which I don't see so far) he'd still be worth the bucks for a good backup.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sensfan4life

Nov 2, 2019
Let's see how he is looking by the trade deadline in 21 before we make any decisions. Let's see if Dorion can learn from past mistakes.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I’m looking forward to a tandem of Nilsson and Hogberg next year. I think we’ll get a lot more consistent goaltending next year than we did this year barring injury.

Reactions: Matsens15 and DJB

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I’m looking forward to a tandem of Nilsson and Hogberg next year. I think we’ll get a lot more consistent goaltending next year than we did this year barring injury.

Ya, i agree with you on the goaltending.

I hope we keep one of Boro or DeMelo and then with Brannstrom and Wolanin we should have an improved D. And it's easy to think the forward group will be better the way things are going in Belleville.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Ya, i agree with you on the goaltending.

I hope we keep one of Boro or DeMelo and then with Brannstrom and Wolanin we should have an improved D. And it's easy to think the forward group will be better the way things are going in Belleville.
Ya, good point about the defence. If Ottawa does compete for the playoffs next year it will be because they are much improved from the net out.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Looking into it a little more, it actually doesn't matter. There are no games played requirements for goalies exposed in the expansion draft so nothing really changes for us if Nilsson is signed or not.

We are protecting Hogberg and exposing Daccord and Gustavsson.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looking into it a little more, it actually doesn't matter. There are no games played requirements for goalies exposed in the expansion draft so nothing really changes for us if Nilsson is signed or not.

Do we not have to only expose 1 goalie?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

We have to expose a minimum of one goalie that is either under contract in 21/22 or an RFA that has received their qualifying offer. Either Daccord or Gustavsson will fulfill that requirement, but both will be eligible to be selected by Seattle. Remember that only one goalie can be protected.

Every player that isn't protected is technically exposed. Unless they're exempt for whatever reason.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We have to expose a minimum of one goalie that is either under contract in 21/22 or an RFA that has received their qualifying offer. Either Daccord or Gustavsson will fulfill that requirement, but both will be eligible to be selected by Seattle.

Every player that isn't protected is technically exposed. Unless they're exempt for whatever reason.

Right right .. We get to protect 1 ...not thinking straight.

My understanding is that we can protect only one goalie.

Yup :shakehead .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad