Anders Lee's response when asked the best quality in a teammate via the @nhlpa: "Loyalty."

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tavares does have loyalty, to the Leafs. It’s probably a union thing.

You don’t leave more money on the table if you aren’t loyal.

This is pretty probably one of the best and well thought out points. Touché

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Whatever lol

A grown ass man made a decision to play for another team. Grow up, and move on. Is this guy 12?

JT is an adult who made an adult decision that was best for him, hockey players, like any athlete, are free to make this choice. Just like us average folk can switch jobs, or divorce partners, it's not a big deal.

I do feel for NY fans, because as a Leaf fan, I would not like to lose a star player, but it's life.

Nobody gives a single **** about Anders Lee, and his opinions.

Lee isn’t 12 but based on your insecurity about a grown man that plays for the hockey team you cheer for makes me think you are.

You leaf fans are truly disgusting
And yeah you clearly give a lot of shit about Anders Lee and his opninions or you wouldn’t be posting. Blew your cover champ

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
What I hate the most about sports is athletes being passive-aggresive and snide. Needless to say, Anders Lee is not my favorite player in the NHL right now.

By the way, I'm not even a Leafs fan and don't care if Tavares is or isn't a disloyal proctologist.

Reactions: shello

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It sure will be funny if he bails for a different team at the end of this season, though.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Holy overreaction Batman

Pretty sure the quote has nothing to do with Tavares

Aren’t JT and Lee still friends ?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
What I hate the most about sports is athletes being passive-aggresive and snide. Needless to say, Anders Lee is not my favorite player in the NHL right now.

By the way, I'm not even a Leafs fan and don't care if Tavares is or isn't a disloyal proctologist.
I really don’t think this is meant to be a shot at Tavares tho. Just wishful thinking on the part of certain islander fans... and leafs fans

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
They are. Leaf fans gonna leaf fan
To my dismay the entire first page is indeed just leafs fans, not asking or probably wanting context, ripping on not just Lee (and his handwriting) but the islanders franchise as a whole

Like chill dudes

You realize this was a cheesy written interview, included among questions about food and his favourite jersey growing up (the blackhawks, gasp!), intended as fan fluff? How much did Lee reallly think about that awnser. Took him probably 2 minutes of his time

And I say again - JT and Anders Lee are still friends to the best of my knowledge

Please stop with the vitriol

Reactions: Strait2thecup

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Lee said "loyalty", not "assists".

So I doubt it was directed at Tavares.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Devils fans weren't this salty over Parise and Kovalchuck.

Y'all need to relax, it's a game that ultimately means nothing to your life's function.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Jeez, you guys are blowing his answer out of proportion. Loyalty doesn't necessarily mean contract wise - it means being loyal to your teammates on the ice.

A whole lot of chatter about nothing.

Reactions: Thrasymachus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->