Anders Lee's response when asked the best quality in a teammate via the @nhlpa: "Loyalty."

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
And as we all remember, the basketball community were all fine with it, just as you said. It's fine in every other sport. No lashback in the NBA. No sir.
NBA players did not criticize these moves at all. It was fans. Cleveland felt really hurt.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
NBA players did not criticize these moves at all. It was fans. Cleveland felt really hurt.
What in the world does that have to do with anything? I thought you said that players leaving teams was fine in every sport but the NHL? Why are you moving the goalposts?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Does he have an issue with Ladd leaving to sign with the Islanders? Komarov leaving to sign with the Islanders? Lehner leaving to sign with the Islanders? How about the countless other examples?

Joke of a comment.

Reactions: Metroid

Jauffre

Registered Grandmaster
Oct 10, 2009
Cloud Ruler Temple
Why stretch the season? Say youre going to leave, dont **** the team over.
Oh screw him I guess for not wanting to be traded to some rando playoff team, in a city he didn't want to stay in long term.

I believed him when he said he was fully committed to the Islanders, and was seriously pondering over staying. He handled the whole ordeal with class. The main problem was Islander fans who didn't fully prepare themselves for the possibility of their Christ's departure.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Why stretch the season? Say youre going to leave, dont **** the team over.

1. How do you know he had already decided to leave before the summer?
2. Why would he want to be traded to Toronto (or elsewhere) instead of signing there? If they gave up good players for him it would hurt his new team.
3. He didn't owe the Islanders anything; he played out his contracts and never did much to help surround him with a good team.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Anders Lee just cemented himself as a lifelong Islander barring a trade. His agent must be thrilled.

Reactions: leburn98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad