Mar 2, 2018
GTA

Pretty interesting considering this...
D9wQHXHXkAAGRRo.jpg

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Did they offer him 10 million or something crazy and he turned it down? What's so surprising that they can't come to an agreement?

The guy went from 34,40 goal seasons to 28 without Tavares. I don't see why they should be forking out 7 million over 7 years for this guy, captain or not.

Reactions: DOCHockeyGuy

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Loyalty works both ways.

How do we know what the Isles are offering him and what the market is willing to pay? Unfortunately for the Isles, the Flyers signed Hayes to a ridiculous contract and I'm sure Lee's camp is using that as a benchmark. Lee is a year older but has produced more and is the team captain.

Based on Hayes' contract, Lee deserves at least 7.25 - 7.5 mil per.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Well he pretty much has to sign tonight to not enter the interview period so its pretty obvious. Who knows how negotiations are actually going

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
:laugh:they made the guy a captain for one year, he wants to explore his options because of what Hayes got and what Duchene is rumored to get - and he's a turncoat?:huh:

Weak troll thread is weak.
It doesn't even sound like that's the case . From his interview it sounds like he didn't expect it to get to this point / negotiations are just taking a while . Maybe he gets an offer he cant pass up but who knows

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Well he pretty much has to sign tonight to not enter the interview period so its pretty obvious. Who knows how negotiations are actually going

Nobody knows for sure, but I could see term being a sticking point. Lee is 28, so I can see the Isles wanting to stay in the 5 year type range. I'm sure Lee's camp is pushing for at least the 7 years that Hayes got in Philly. The Isles need to think if they feel Lee's game has staying power at 33 and beyond. If not, dedicating 7+mil of your cap to him when he's 34 and 35 could be a detriment.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Nobody knows for sure, but I could see term being a sticking point. Lee is 28, so I can see the Isles wanting to stay in the 5 year type range. I'm sure Lee's camp is pushing for at least the 7 years that Hayes got in Philly. The Isles need to think if they feel Lee's game has staying power at 33 and beyond. If not, dedicating 7+mil of your cap to him when he's 34 and 35 could be a detriment.
Yeah that's fair , its not really the same as tavares who they would have paid him whatever he wanted

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
He'd be a perfect fit with a forward group in Montreal. Just what the doctor ordered.
No. Doctor ordered a LHD with 2 y term and cap space for 2021-2022 when all the contract of the young guys expire so the Habs don't become the Leafs: the sequel.

Not 7 millions + for 6-7y for another center.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Also, we have Boychuk, Ladd, Bailey, Eberle, Nelson, and Clutterbuck signed to there mid 30's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->