Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Dynamite prospect

So this is what all the hype was about

Too bad he didnt sign at the tail end of last season. I think he would have helped the Bruins to 7 vs the Sens

He's going to be very good. Love that the bruins have added much needed speed and skill to the prospect pool. Love what I'm seeing from him. :nod:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Good point. Bergeron as a rookie put up 39 as a surprise 2nd rounder. Find me anyone (outside of a couple people on this board, and Kirk), who thought he'd even make the team, much less score 39 points, at this point in the preseason that year.

Of course I think he missed about a dozen games that year, but still... :laugh:

I think Bjork will do just fine. There aren't many better players you could start an NHL career with on your line than 37 and 63.

Bergeron played so well it was insane to consider sending him down. His 39 points came on a 3rd line with martin lapointe doing a checking role. He was actually out of position as a rw too.

Bergeron imho goes down in history as one of the top 50 players picked outside the first round in nhl history.

Its a little unfair to bjork to mention him and bergeron in same post.

A comparison to young brad marchand might even be overly flattering. Of course marchand wasnt on a top line either in the beginning.

Even kessel, seguin, and thornton werent on top line as rookies

If bjork is going to play on top line he needs to produce

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He's going to be very good. Love that the bruins have added much needed speed and skill to the prospect pool. Love what I'm seeing from him. :nod:

Some people are already comparing him to Samsonov.

What about Kane as the high ceiling?

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Bjork has looked quite good in preseason.

Krejci looked overpaid last season. I wonder why we haven't traded him yet?

Krejci for Duchene?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Bjork has looked quite good in preseason.

Krejci looked overpaid last season. I wonder why we haven't traded him yet?

Krejci for Duchene?

Krejcis trade protection would prevent him being sent to that hell hole

We would need to send him someplace he wants to be. Maybe florida if he likes warm weather and low taxes. Seams they are shaking things up

Not sure about columbus... but horton liked columbus... and they seam to need a player like krejci.

Hard to find teams with need and capspace where we could imaging he agrees to go

Oilers maybe if we take back hopkins... but does that help us?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Some people are already comparing him to Samsonov.

What about Kane as the high ceiling?

Trivia... who was the last bruin with kane as his high ceiling?

Neely to me was better player... but differnt. Thornton was differnt

Seguin and kessel arent kane imho. And marchand needs more than 1 season.

Would middleton be a fair answer? Oates maybe? Are we going back 30 years?

Let bjork at least play a nhl regular season game before we compare him to a hart trophy winning hofamer with 3 cup rings

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Bergeron played so well it was insane to consider sending him down. His 39 points came on a 3rd line with martin lapointe doing a checking role. He was actually out of position as a rw too.

Bergeron imho goes down in history as one of the top 50 players picked outside the first round in nhl history.

Its a little unfair to bjork to mention him and bergeron in same post.

A comparison to young brad marchand might even be overly flattering. Of course marchand wasnt on a top line either in the beginning.

Even kessel, seguin, and thornton werent on top line as rookies

If bjork is going to play on top line he needs to produce

I'm not convinced he needs to produce on the top line, he needs to not look out of place there more than anything. Bjork made a name for himself as a defensive player first, and if he is a decent contributor points wise while helping the line keep the puck in the offensive end I would be more than happy. This team is going to have a lot of young players and a lot of talent spread over 3 lines, its entirely possible this year that each line is carrying a prospect that doesn't produce a ton. I'd rather not see us load up the top 2 lines and have an offensive black hole in our bottom six again this year.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I'm not convinced he needs to produce on the top line, he needs to not look out of place there more than anything. Bjork made a name for himself as a defensive player first, and if he is a decent contributor points wise while helping the line keep the puck in the offensive end I would be more than happy. This team is going to have a lot of young players and a lot of talent spread over 3 lines, its entirely possible this year that each line is carrying a prospect that doesn't produce a ton. I'd rather not see us load up the top 2 lines and have an offensive black hole in our bottom six again this year.

Where i disagree is we have many players that can play defense. Not alot that project high end offense.

If bjork is on a 3rd-4th line like thornton, kessel, marchand, wheeler, seguin, bergeron then obviously we cant ecpect production

But if he debuts on top line like samsonov, janney, pederson, juneau then he must produce

Our history is checkered with both success stories and failures when it comes to rushing kids into nhl with no ahl seasoning. But as a general rule we only do it with high first round picks or... kids that produce

Production speaks for itself. When a kid produces like bergeron its impossible not to keep him.

I hope bjork makes and stays in nhl because to me... that means he producing

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Where i disagree is we have many players that can play defense. Not alot that project high end offense.

If bjork is on a 3rd-4th line like thornton, kessel, marchand, wheeler, seguin, bergeron then obviously we cant ecpect production

But if he debuts on top line like samsonov, janney, pederson, juneau then he must produce

Our history is checkered with both success stories and failures when it comes to rushing kids into nhl with no ahl seasoning. But as a general rule we only do it with high first round picks or... kids that produce

Production speaks for itself. When a kid produces like bergeron its impossible not to keep him.

I hope bjork makes and stays in nhl because to me... that means he producing

Bjork also isn't an 18 year old just drafted kid, but I also don't see a situation where he doesn't look out of place but somehow isn't producing. Connolly vaguely managed it but even he had hot streaks and something like 7 points in 10 games before the trade deadline.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I think some too have conveniently forgotten this kid is a 5th round pick who "could" literally be a gift from the hockey gods, not some top 5 first round pick where expectations are rightfully higher

I think the Hockey Gods gave us a wonderful gift myself. He's too consistently the same player in practice and in games to not be the real deal. Love this kid.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think the Hockey Gods gave us a wonderful gift myself. He's too consistently the same player in practice and in games to not be the real deal. Love this kid.

This is so good to read.

I haven't been able to watch him play outside some youtube compilations.

Can't wait to finally check him out in game action.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Saw him a couple of times in person last year when ND visited BU and in the Big East playoffs and thought wow....this kid can skate, pass, shoot and goes to the danger places to make a play.

High hopes but you always wonder if it will translate to the NHL.....then I watched him play with Bercy and Marcy and thought he can not only keep up he has the potential to play at or near their level.

Would be happy with a 20/20 season as he acclimates.....and then the sky is truly the limit.

The future sure looks bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->