Prospect Info: Anders Bjork - II - signed ELC May 30th-MOD post #9‎

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
That sounds close, I think he'll spend a half to full year in providence, he could pull a pastrnak/vatrano and get called up part way through the year

I think that you are right. But I still hope that he makes it and gets a better season than Vesey. Just for poetic justice... A "we don't need no stinking Vesey" sort of thing... :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Just because I mentioned Vatrano in the same post doesn't mean im putting him on the level of Beleskey and Hayes, but Frankie was borderline terrible to finish the season and Cassidy had 0 confidence in playing him. All im saying is unless he has a stella camp and works om his play away from the puck, eapecially in the defensive zone (
Seems to do a lot of puck watching and standing around instead of coverig) then it wouldnt surprise me if hes in Providence and someone (DeBrusk seems most ready) takes his spot in Boston.

But if one or both of Hayes/Beleskey are traded or taken in expansion there may me more spots available anyway

Once again, Vatrano will have to clear waivers if he's sent down to PRO. Don't think the B's will want to lose him for nothing.

Hopefully, after a full offseason to train and a full camp, he's where he needs to be to play well in the NHL.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
WAIT a minute, how do we know who is and is not protected yet? that includes Providence players, as well.... but how do you know for certain Hayes can be reassigned to Providence, that's the same argument can be said for everyone we just saw, JFK, McAvoy, to name two, and why they were not allowed to continue to play on after the B's season ended in Ottawa, but weren't allowed by contractual rules as to when they were signed to help Providence after the fact.

The JFK/McAvoy stuff was completely different than Hayes.

You are correct, we don't know who will be protected in Expansion, or what other moves will be made. However, I think it's 100% safe to say that no PRO players will be protected. They are either exempt or will be exposed. Hayes absolutely can be sent to PRO next season, but the B's can only bury part of his salary there ($900k I think). He will also have to pass through waivers, but I doubt anyone claims him.

Back to the topic at hand. I think the B's will give Bjork every opportunity to earn an NHL spot, but if he needs some seasoning and guys like Heinen and DeBrusk are ahead of him, he doesn't seem like they type that will be discouraged by a stint in the AHL.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
WAIT a minute, how do we know who is and is not protected yet? that includes Providence players, as well.... but how do you know for certain Hayes can be reassigned to Providence, that's the same argument can be said for everyone we just saw, JFK, McAvoy, to name two, and why they were not allowed to continue to play on after the B's season ended in Ottawa, but weren't allowed by contractual rules as to when they were signed to help Providence after the fact.
It's not the same argument. Hayes is unlikely to be selected by Vegas. Then the Bruins put him on waivers. No one's likely to take him (be nice if they did!). So he goes to Providence, receiving his full salary and reducing the B's cap hit, thereby opening up a spot for a youngster or acquisition. Bruins did it before.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Vesey looked very good in the play-offs this year for the Rangers. I think he's easily a 20-25 goal guy going forward. Watched a lot of the Rangers games and while he had many games he was on the 4th line, you could see he has all the tools to be a top 2 line LW in this league with more experience.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Vesey looked very good in the play-offs this year for the Rangers. I think he's easily a 20-25 goal guy going forward. Watched a lot of the Rangers games and while he had many games he was on the 4th line, you could see he has all the tools to be a top 2 line LW in this league with more experience.

Agree would not be suprised if Vesey gets 30 at least one year if not more

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
But I thought he was gonna pull a Vesey ;)

As those in the know had long said- there was never anything to worry about

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney gives much of credit to Langenbrunner and Pandolfo with the Bjork development/process

I'm very impressed with the quality of the management group

I guess all those folks who wanted outsiders were correct because the staff is loaded with them

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney gives much of credit to Langenbrunner and Pandolfo with the Bjork development/process

I'm very impressed with the quality of the management group

I guess all those folks who wanted outsiders were correct because the staff is loaded with them

it also helps when those outsiders come from a winning environment. as dom has mentioned a few times recently, they need to bulk up and/or make some changes within the pro scouting department. they've generally done a ********* job identifying NHL talent.

really like bjork - looks like a top 9 on a championship team from what i've seen of him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
it also helps when those outsiders come from a winning environment. as dom has mentioned a few times recently, they need to bulk up and/or make some changes within the pro scouting department. they've generally done a ********* job identifying NHL talent.

really like bjork - looks like a top 9 on a championship team from what i've seen of him.

Going back in time with his speed he reminds me a bit of Islanders dynasty stalwart Bobby Bourne

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
With his excellent speed and PK ability, I think he is almost a lock to make the team out of camp. He's probably going to start as a 4th line LW or RW and his versatility there also helps. A good rookie season on the 4th line would be 20+ pts. He might surprise by taking the 2nd line LW spot and score more but if they don't bring someone in, I'd think Heinen has the inside track after his excellent playoff performance.

But all spots have to be earned.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

McVie and Creighton are way passed their prime IMO. 10 years ago....maybe

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
With his excellent speed and PK ability, I think he is almost a lock to make the team out of camp. He's probably going to start as a 4th line LW or RW and his versatility there also helps. A good rookie season on the 4th line would be 20+ pts. He might surprise by taking the 2nd line LW spot and score more but if they don't bring someone in, I'd think Heinen has the inside track after his excellent playoff performance.

Well said. I also like that you're posting more...keep it up! :handclap:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

If he makes the team, it won't be on the 4th line. I see third line mostly. 4 line duties are for checkers. They have a good 4line now. I agree, they should work their way up.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Can he play RW? I thought I remember reading that he played alot of his off side at ND.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

He (Vesey) seems to get alot of heat from fans here however if he put up the numbers he did with the B`s rather than the Rangers in year one, I would bet many here would be more than encouraged for what he`ll bring down the road despite him putting up modest but decent year one numbers

All that matters to me is how Bjork progresses with the B`s, I haven`t had nearly the viewings of this prospect like many others here, only seen him play a handful of times on TV, really liked what I saw, not skilled enough nor experienced enough to know how this translates to the pro game but many I have read who have forgotten more than I`ll ever know says this kid is the real deal, can`t wait

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He (Vesey) seems to get alot of heat from fans here however if he put up the numbers he did with the B`s rather than the Rangers in year one, I would bet many here would be more than encouraged for what he`ll bring down the road despite him putting up modest but decent year one numbers

All that matters to me is how Bjork progresses with the B`s, I haven`t had nearly the viewings of this prospect like many others here, only seen him play a handful of times on TV, really liked what I saw, not skilled enough nor experienced enough to know how this translates to the pro game but many I have read who have forgotten more than I`ll ever know says this kid is the real deal, can`t wait

Vesey goes to the dirty areas and makes good decisions

Let's see where he is at after 200 NHL games

I bet he's pretty damn good

He's probably happy with his decision but Nashville looks like a fun team and a fun place

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Vesey goes to the dirty areas and makes good decisions

Let's see where he is at after 200 NHL games

I bet he's pretty damn good

He's probably happy with his decision but Nashville looks like a fun team and a fun place

I really only watched him in the playoffs and was impressed that he didn`t at all shy away from those dirty areas as you mention.

I have to drag my arse to Nashville for a game, as horrible as a reason as this sounds, I think the only reason I haven`t is my disdain for anything country music:shakehead

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere

My money is on DeBrusk

Reactions: TCB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

McVie and Creighton are way passed their prime IMO. 10 years ago....maybe

This is the one scouting area that they really appear to be lacking at. The goal is to find guys that will be as good/better in the B's system as they were on their old teams and this appears to be where the disconnect is? If we can see it, I'm sure Sweeney can. The question will be if he does anything about it going forward.

Can make or break Sweeney and this team.

This seems a little dramatic? The pro scouting is an area of weakness imo, but last year Moore, Nash, Schaller all seemed to be pretty good fits. Also, while I don't love the contract, Backes was a good fit here as well.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Agreed on all counts. I think DeBrusk will get a long look as well. People see the offensive numbers the last two years from Bjork and I think they forget that coming up through the US Dev program, Bjork was a 3rd/4th line player. He put up good offensive numbers for the minutes he got, but he was primarily a defensive guy. Unlike a lot of prospects coming up, the D side of the game is a strength for Bjork, and the offense came later. Given that, he should be able to earn a spot and fit in well on one of the lower lines to start (ala Marchand as a rookie).

A line of Kuraly, Acciari, and Bjork (or DeBrusk, etc) would give teams fits I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad