Prospect Info: Anders Bjork - II - signed ELC May 30th-MOD post #9‎

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Does he even have a Twitter account?

Love this signing,
Lets not expect too much from him in year one.
I would be happy with 12-15 goals and him playing 12-13 mins a night.
He needs to be with the Bruins next year so he can learn the pace of the game at practices.
Put him on the 4th line to start and the second PP unit, take it from there.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
giphy.gif

ksp1957

Apr 11, 2006
South Shore
I'm pleased by his signing. From what I've heard and read about him, he'll be a good player for the Bruins long-term

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The subject here is Bjork. Last warning. Bans will be forthcoming.

also as reminder to rule that ALL here agreed to abide by:

17) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the moderators): If you disagree with something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Cant wait for training camp and pre season. Was thinking yesterday, I wonder what conditions his signing was under. Straight to Boston bypassing Providence? Or a 20 game stint in Providence (similar to Pastrnak) to see what he can do? Gonna be an exciting season with all the new faces!

Hayes
Beleskey
Vatrano

I think those 3 are on the outer here, have to think DeBrusk goes straight into Boston, Frankie probably back to Pro to round off his game, Bjork? Who knows, could surprise, could need time. All I know is IK cant wait!

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Cant wait for training camp and pre season. Was thinking yesterday, I wonder what conditions his signing was under. Straight to Boston bypassing Providence? Or a 20 game stint in Providence (similar to Pastrnak) to see what he can do? Gonna be an exciting season with all the new faces!

Hayes
Beleskey
Vatrano

I think those 3 are on the outer here, have to think DeBrusk goes straight into Boston, Frankie probably back to Pro to round off his game, Bjork? Who knows, could surprise, could need time. All I know is IK cant wait!

So DeBrusk goes straight to Boston, and Frankie gets sent down to PRO to round out his game? When he passes through waivers, he will get claimed.

DeBrusk, Bjork, Heinen, Cehlarik, JFK, are all waiver exempt. If one of them beats Vatrano in camp, you would probably see them sent down until the B's could move Vatrano, rather than lose him for nothing.

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc

Hayes
Beleskey
Vatrano

I wouldn't write Vatrano off that fast. He can score and has pretty good speed. If he works on his deficiencies he should be a pretty good player. He still hasn't played a full season. I think when he's healthy in the fall he will be better.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm really happy to see him get locked up; I thought he was going to go back next year, so i'm surprised though.

A lot of talent on that left side now; feel like we might need someone to break through on the right side, after Pastranak, it's a little weak.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm really happy to see him get locked up; I thought he was going to go back next year, so i'm surprised though.

A lot of talent on that left side now; feel like we might need someone to break through on the right side, after Pastranak, it's a little weak.

Well of course Heinen and Bjork have significant experience on both sides. My understanding is DeBrusk has at least some experience on both sides.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Well of course Heinen and Bjork have significant experience on both sides. My understanding is DeBrusk has at least some experience on both sides.

I guess I wasn't really thinking about a few guys playing on their off-side; I'm still stuck in the dark ages when a right wing was usually a righty. :laugh:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Great news. Good to see the Bs add more skill to the organization. If a couple of these kids can turn into quality top 6 forwards over the next couple or few years it would be a nice boost. Always have to temper enthusiasm over a young man who has never played in an NHL game, but Bjork seems like he may become a really fine NHL player.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

Hayes
Beleskey
Vatrano

How can you lump Vatrano with the other two? Beleskey has underperformed his 3.9m salary to the point that he's been talked about as a salary dump for teams willing to take him for including a better player from our roster.

Hayes is destined to decompose in Rhode Island for a year until his contract runs out.

Vatrano's slot is not guaranteed. He has to fight for it in TC. But he, at least, has the potential to attain a higher ceiling.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How can you lump Vatrano with the other two? Beleskey has underperformed his 3.9m salary to the point that he's been talked about as a salary dump for teams willing to take him for including a better player from our roster.

Hayes is destined to decompose in Rhode Island for a year until his contract runs out.

Vatrano's slot is not guaranteed. He has to fight for it in TC. But he, at least, has the potential to attain a higher ceiling.

WAIT a minute, how do we know who is and is not protected yet? that includes Providence players, as well.... but how do you know for certain Hayes can be reassigned to Providence, that's the same argument can be said for everyone we just saw, JFK, McAvoy, to name two, and why they were not allowed to continue to play on after the B's season ended in Ottawa, but weren't allowed by contractual rules as to when they were signed to help Providence after the fact.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I wouldn't write Vatrano off that fast. He can score and has pretty good speed. If he works on his deficiencies he should be a pretty good player. He still hasn't played a full season. I think when he's healthy in the fall he will be better.

Could be our new Michael Ryder!

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Just because I mentioned Vatrano in the same post doesn't mean im putting him on the level of Beleskey and Hayes, but Frankie was borderline terrible to finish the season and Cassidy had 0 confidence in playing him. All im saying is unless he has a stella camp and works om his play away from the puck, eapecially in the defensive zone (
Seems to do a lot of puck watching and standing around instead of coverig) then it wouldnt surprise me if hes in Providence and someone (DeBrusk seems most ready) takes his spot in Boston.

But if one or both of Hayes/Beleskey are traded or taken in expansion there may me more spots available anyway

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just because I mentioned Vatrano in the same post doesn't mean im putting him on the level of Beleskey and Hayes, but Frankie was borderline terrible to finish the season and Cassidy had 0 confidence in playing him. All im saying is unless he has a stella camp and works om his play away from the puck, eapecially in the defensive zone (
Seems to do a lot of puck watching and standing around instead of coverig) then it wouldnt surprise me if hes in Providence and someone (DeBrusk seems most ready) takes his spot in Boston.

But if one or both of Hayes/Beleskey are traded or taken in expansion there may me more spots available anyway

Vatrano gets a spot this year unless he bombs trading camp. Even then I still think he suits up for them. After that, he needs to work hard to keep it.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
After burning a year off McAvoy and JFK's contracts, the beauty of Bjork's ELC is that it is for 3 years.

If all 3 live up to their hype, we will not have all three re-upping at the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad