Post-Game Talk: And we thought NHL officials were bad??? - KC wins 23-16

What was the worst call by the refs?

• Total voters

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Doesn't matter. A large percentage of the fans out there will automatically assume it's true. And ESPN will do their best to whip this story up and keep it part of the news cycle because it will draw eyeballs and clicks. So ****ing mad right now.

this will die down by tomorrow. Don't see anybody taking this that seriously. Im too worried about getting the 1st round bye and getting brady a TE to care but thats just me. If they do run with this it'll be a nice break from F&M annoying brady coverage

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If the Buffalo and Miami games were on the road, I might be worried, but Josh Allen isn't coming into Foxboro and beating this defense. If KC loses before week 17 and the 2 seed is wrapped up, I could see Bill laying down for Flores in that last game and just playing Stidham for three quarters - though on the other hand with the state of the offense, we might need as many first string reps with Harry/Meyers/Sony as we can get before the year is out.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
According to who? If the tape shows they were filming the Bengals coaches etc it will be anything but a non story.
From what I read they had approval to film. It just seems that Bengals staff didn't pass along the info that it was happening to all their personnel.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Just so I am clear, I didn't think the Houston Astros thing was a big deal and I don't think this would be either. But the problem is you already have spygate and many in the NFL were pissed Bill wasn't suspended for that.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Our defense is better than last year.
Our special teams for defending kick off returns is better and coverage on punts better.
Where we are lacking and this is a glaring weakness is on kick off returns. Bolden cannot get the ball to the 20 yard line, yet alone the 25 yard line or more.
We really miss Patterson. This is an area we need to upgrade for next season. We need someone that can handle both kick offs and punts.
I compared the receiving corps from last year.
Last year we had Gronk, Hogan and Gordon, this year we have Meyers, Sanu and LaCosse /Watson.
Huge difference in skill set.
We need to hope that BB can develop a plan to use Harry and Sanu more and get the running game going in the next 3 games we have to prepare for the playoffs, or it will be an early exit in the post season.
Also last year they had Trent Brown, David Andrews and James Devlin. Wynn is the only replacement of those 3 that's any good but he has a way to go.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Here are Bill's comments. We know that it was 100% the marketing/tv production people filming a scout. That's different from the video guys that work for the team.

Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if it was some young video guy who thought he could make an impression based on filming things beyond just the "Do Your Job" B-roll.

If you seriously think that Belichick is dumb enough to do something that he got fined $500,000 12 years ago for again, then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. He's not like some drug addict who "just can't can't help themselves."

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I didn't. I compared situations, not the players.

Ok fair, but at least Flacco had a running game to take pressure off of him and a legitimate number one (imo) outside receiver in Sutton

To be honest I would give up a lot to swap running back rooms with Denver. I think all three of their runners would be great in New England

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
According to who? If the tape shows they were filming the Bengals coaches etc it will be anything but a non story.
You must also rely on cnn for your political short stories

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

Patriots’ advance scout was not filming but being filmed, per a league source. He was being filmed for a feature the team produced called, "Do Your Job." The video crew was credentialed by the Browns to shoot video in the press box and their PR person was aware, per the source

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
You must also rely on cnn for your political short stories

Adam Schefter✔@AdamSchefter

Patriots’ advance scout was not filming but being filmed, per a league source. He was being filmed for a feature the team produced called, "Do Your Job." The video crew was credentialed by the Browns to shoot video in the press box and their PR person was aware, per the source

And that would put an end to that

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So the Patriots are at least admitting the field was filmed inadvertently. Whether inadvertently is the truth or if that part even matters to the league, who knows.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Again, the notion that they would blatantly cheat in front of the employees of a team they beat and a team they’re playing next week is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

It becomes more absurd when realizing it’s the 1-12 Bengals

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Depends on what the tape shows. I'd imagine it would be easy to figure out if they were focused in on getting signals. And if the league determines that look out below...

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Again, the notion that they would blatantly cheat in front of the employees of a team they beat and a team they’re playing next week is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

It becomes more absurd when realizing it’s the 1-12 Bengals

This is Roger Goodell we're talking about. Logic doesn't necessarily matter. There's really no way to draw a conclusion on this without seeing the tape. With that in mind I say release it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Depends on what the tape shows. I'd imagine it would be easy to figure out if they were focused in on getting signals. And if the league determines that look out below...

From the reports it’s an independent film crew filming the scout. That hardly screams anything nefarious.

But like you said nothing is really rational here so we shall see

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Filming the scout, yes. But the Patriots also admitted that they filmed the sideline. That could prove to be a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->