Post-Game Talk: And that should be the end of the Leafs core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Yes I did.

You didn't answer my question. Do you know if we had the better corsi?

The whole problem with "advanced" stats is that they can't consider the infinite amount of variables. They won't accurately tell you what is going on.

Anyone that has played hockey competitively knows that you can't make an nhl team off a spread sheet.

But of course Kyle has no clue.

Corsi is just the amount of shots directed towards the opponent's net vs. the number of shots directed at ours. No one serious considers it a view of what happened in a game but more a reflection of possession. (ie, if you are taking so many shots vs the other team you have the puck more often)

If you want to get into more specific stats like scoring chances/shots/high danger chances (which the Leafs all lost), you can see clearly who was the superior team.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Corsi is just the amount of shots directed towards the opponent's net vs. the number of shots directed at ours. No one serious considers it a series view of what happened in a game but more a reflection of possession. (ie, if you are taking so many shots vs the other team you have the puck more often)

If you want to get into more specific stats like scoring chances/shots/high danger chances (which the Leafs all lost), you can see clearly who was the superior team.

Ah so having the better corsi really doesn't mean anything for the actual outcome of the game. We agree.

But that's the thing with "advanced" stats. You can pick and choose any stat or stats that fit your narrative at that given time.

These stats have proven to have very little value in actually predicting the outcomes. Otherwise we would've won multiple series' by now based on the overwhelming amount of fancy stats you, dekes and zeke have shown us.

How many more first round exits do we need before you will accept that Kyle needs to be fired? I'm honestly curious. It seems like you and the rest of the dubas fan boys are willing to keep dubas for as long as possible even if we never win. That's not what a fan of the leafs would want.

ChadBigly

May 5, 2021
schremp is just jealous, didn’t get the same love in London and was a bust of a 1st round pick. A lot of islanders players and JT’s former teammates came out and disputed those comments
i dont recall a single teammate, current or former, saying a word about it. that was the part that made us (some of us ) sit up and take notice. no one defended him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad