Analyzing Dubas's performance II - (Full Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Then I wouldn't move Kadri...I'm sure Sakic would budge because Kadri cements their centre position behind MacKinnon...they had nobody who was a competent #2 centre like Kadri...he also had term and is on a great contract with a great AAV, which is immense in the salary cap world. Kadri is about $3 million under his current value...$4 plus million for a solid #2 centre with grit who could score is simply too good to just trade away for Kerfoot and UFA Barrie.
Fun to say, but not always realistic. Pretty sure Zadorov is a LD too and we were looking to acquire a RD.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
We might be looking to acquire anything depending on how the management team reviews the team.
Agree going forward, especially with Dermott really struggling after the Muzzin injury, but we had 3 NHL ready LD and a very weak right side when the deal was made.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
This team has been a series of missed bets since the 16-17 season.

1. the Marleau and Zaitsev contracts

2. Hoping holding on to Bozak, JVR, and Gardiner would help with playoff runs (we lost in the first round regardless)

3. hoping rentals like Boyle and Pleks would help

4. hoping our RFAs would perform even up to, let alone past their contracts

5. hoping our d prospects like Dermott would pan out.

6. hoping 1 of sparks or Hutchinson would be able to be a league average back up.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

2. Hoping holding on to Bozak, JVR, and Gardiner would help with playoff runs (we lost in the first round regardless)

6. hoping 1 of sparks or Hutchinson would be able to be a league average back up.

The first three things you mentioned was the responsibility of Lou Lamoriello during his time as the Leafs GM.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Fun to say, but not always realistic. Pretty sure Zadorov is a LD too and we were looking to acquire a RD.

Then get creative...move Dermott out too for a package...Sakic didn't give Duchene away when they had a falling out...Dubas should have taken a page from him...Dubas didn't bring back any toughness while trading Kadri, and in fact, made this team even more buttery soft...when Babcock talked about their PP as their toughness, I swear he must have been paraphrasing Dubas.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
All you had to do was watch the last 5 games and that was enough to analyze how Dumbass's performance was over the last 2 years, fail. The most remarkable thing to me is that he still has a job.
I don't value nonsensical ravings from someone who doesn't even know the name of the GM. Others might, but not me.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Anyone know when his season ending press conference will be? It should be an interesting one at the very least.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
edmonton
I don't value nonsensical ravings from someone who doesn't even know the name of the GM. Others might, but not me.

I've waited 53 years for that and 2 years ago we were going in the right direction. You must be young enough to wait 53 more years. Unfortunately, for me and many others here, we don't have that much time. I hold Mr. Shanahan and Mr. Dubas totally responsible for this failure. Enjoy this year's ticker tape parade.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Kerfoot is TERRIBLE and is a fringe NHLer. He is basically a faster Nic Petan making $3.5 million a year. It’s crazy that anyone could praise Kerfoot. Is is so small, weak and ineffective. 2 goals in his last 34 games. Come on.

In the playoffs, at 5 on 5, Kerfoot had the 2nd highest point/60 on the team at .97. Kadri hasn't even score at 5 on 5. Kerfoot threw twice as many hits then Kadri, and was 4th on the Leafs at the rate he was hitting. I don't think the Kadri/Kerfoot trade made a difference. I think the Kerfoot showed up. Matthews showed up. When we want to talk about the chemistry of team, everyone has to be onboard. 6'5" Pierre Engvall threw two hits... That's the same as Robertson. To me, he never plays for the team again. Ilya Mikheyev and Johnsson were soft and did nothing. Doesn't matter what, Nylander is a sweetheart, that's a given. John Tavares? Inspires nothing. Tyson Barrie played like a little kid put in the corner, on the 3rd pairing, and ended up pouting and going home with his ball. You can say Kerfoot isn't a good player, but it was never talent that failed this team, it was character. Unfortunately you can't judge that on a spreadsheet and Dubas is lost.

Reactions: CaptainCrunch17

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

There is a good little group here on HFBoards that post (when we can) and are usually pretty spot on. We were the same people saying sell Jake if you're not keeping him, or sell JVR or Bozak or even calling the collapses etc. It's the right thing to do for the team long term. The Leafs once again wanted to push for reasons unknown, rushed it and basically lost the plot. The organization under LarryT has always been like this (BAD).

Reactions: Not My Tempo

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There is a good little group here on HFBoards that post (when we can) and are usually pretty spot on. We were the same people saying sell Jake if you're not keeping him, or sell JVR or Bozak etc. It's the right thing to do for the team long term. The Leafs once again wanted to push for reasons unknown, rushed it and basically lost the plot. The organization under LarryT has always been like this (BAD).

The amount of own rentals (JVR, Bozak, Gardiner, Komarov) and careless rentals (Plekanec, Boyle), and salary dumps (Zaitsev, Marleau, Brown) has really stunted the second half of the Leafs build. Even a team like Tampa Bay will sell off guys like Boyle, Bishop, JT Miller to keep fueling the system when things aren't looking good. Not Toronto.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The amount of own rentals (JVR, Bozak, Gardiner, Komarov) and careless rentals (Plekanec, Boyle), and salary dumps (Zaitsev, Marleau, Brown) has really stunted the second half of the Leafs build. Even a team like Tampa Bay will sell off guys like Boyle, Bishop, JT Miller to keep fueling the system when things aren't looking good. Not Toronto.

You know it. It's a real head scratcher and TBH, it sucks having to endure it year after year.

Reactions: Not My Tempo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad