Analyzing Dubas's performance - (Full Analysis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Search game highlights of Leafs vs Pens in April 2017 and tell me Muzzin has had a bigger impact in any season so far. Polak was a monster, out there in the dying seconds v Crosby, not only had a critical block, but led to AM getting 40. Huge.
Oh please don't go giving Polak credit for Matthews getting his 40th goal into the empty net. In fact according to the play by play sheet for the 3rd period of that game, Polak wasn't even credited with a block shot right before Matthews scored.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Toronto Maple Leafs - April 8th, 2017

Reactions: kb

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Oh please don't go giving Polak credit for Matthews getting his 40th goal into the empty net. In fact according to the play by play sheet for the 3rd period of that game, Polak wasn't even credited with a block shot right before Matthews scored.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Toronto Maple Leafs - April 8th, 2017

Yeah Polak didn't block that shot .. The shot hit the Pens player in front

Still one play/one game doesn't make one player better than another :laugh: Polak > Muzzin is downright laughable

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
When the Leafs were up 3-2 in last years playoff series against Boston with a chance to eliminate them, you don't remember that Game 6 was played in Toronto and they still lost. So would home ice really have mattered? Hell they won Games 1 and 5 which were on the road and their only home win was Game 3.

The series changes completely in my mind. Game 6 at home can be tough up 3-2. The visiting team knows they can basically win the series in that game. Meanwhile the team up 3-2 knows in the back of their mind they still have another game to fall back on. Then when it's down to the deciding game, you would obviously rather be at home.

No doubt, the Leafs blew a great opportunity, but I still would rather have game seven in my barn.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Polak is not garbage, but he's certainly not a career #2 Defenseman like Muzzin is.

Muzzin is solid: plays the body, blocks shots,moves the puck well, PK, chips in with points.

Reactions: kb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->