Post-Game Talk: Analysis of What Went Wrong and How To Improve It

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
not trying to be a ***** but I pretty well said that I think Niskanen is a non-top pairing guy who will get paid like one. Top pairing guys are at a true premium, probably more than any other position in the league. And when you have one, you hold onto them for dear life.

My understanding is that they take longer to develop than forwards. I'm kind of playing devil's advocate with him because I really don't know how to evaluate defensemen. All I know is he filled in for a pretty long time and ended up something like 12th in scoring on the Metro leading team. Maybe that's because of time with Crosby, I don't know.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I think there's probably some lazy note to attach to him that points out he played in the Metro Division, the decadence of the NHL this year, but that only accounts for 30 of his games, so it's not the best analysis there.

I dunno, I'm not trained well enough yet to analyze hockey plays with particularly excellent precision; that still will have to wait a while, I imagine.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Halak reaches free agency, we should be going after him.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Halak's a starter who's going to be getting somewhere in the 5 million range. I sincerely doubt he'd be willing to come to Tampa and play backup to Ben Bishop. And even if he did, his pricetag is going to be way too high for a guy who would basically be an insurance policy on Bishop's health.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad