Anaheim OCVibe updated master development plan renderings around Ducks arena

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
THIS PROPOSED 95-ACRE, MIXED-USE ocV!BE DEVELOPMENT WILL FEATURE:
  • A sustainable community emphasizing walkability, health and wellness, and lifestyle amenities
  • A new 6,000-capacity concert venue
  • 860,000 square feet of office space, including a new 325,000-square foot office tower
  • 1,500 residential units, including a commitment of 15% affordable housing units
  • 20 acres of public space including four unique plazas
  • 10 acres of publicly accessible parks including a 4-acre wellness park and a 5-acre riverfront park
  • 30+ restaurant concepts, including a food hall with diverse offerings and multiple standalone restaurants
  • Two hotels, consisting of 550 rooms total, thematically aligned with the energy of the district
  • 8,000+ parking spaces among several structures, new roads and increased capacity to enhance ingress/egress
  • More than 10,000 new construction jobs and more than 3,000 permanent jobs upon completion
upload_2020-11-24_18-21-59.png

upload_2020-11-24_18-19-13.png

upload_2020-11-24_18-19-54.png

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
So, this is basically Anaheim's version of trying to create a LA Live? I think I'm for it. As a person that gone to a lot of concerts in the OC and been to places like Anaheim House of Blues, Honda Center, and FivePoint Amphitheater, I do want to see a venue that holds around 5,000 people, like Microsoft Theater, but in the OC.

Let's see how this development progresses in the pandemic times.

Last edited:

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
So, this is basically Anaheim's version of trying to create a LA Live? I think I'm for it. As a person that gone to a lot of concerts in the OC and been to places like Anaheim House of Blues, Honda Center, and FivePoint Amphitheater, I do want to see a venue that holds around 5,000 people, like Microsoft Theater, but in the OC.

Let's see how this development progresses in the pandemic times.
This place is going to be bigger than LA Live. It’s a game changer. There is literally nothing to do and eat around Honda Center except for a couple of restaurants, micro brews, and some fast food joints. The Angels are pretty much building their own version as well across the freeway. Their project won’t be done until Arte Moreno is dead. The first phase of the Ducks project will be done in 2024 and it will all be completed when Honda Center hosts Olympic Volleyball in 2028.

Reactions: Anguyen92

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Good. All the empty parking lot around the arena and ballpark was ugly.
It’s a shame because it’s one of the nicest looking arenas in the league. Hopefully the Angels build a new ballpark instead of renovating that dump. I can see why the NHL doesn’t want an all star game here until they finish with this project. Ducks have been in the league since 1993 and still have yet to host an All Star game. I believe Disney passed on it back in the 90s because they didn’t want to spend the money to host it. Having a place to hand out before and after the game will be nice. I’d also assume visiting teams coming into town will now stay next to the arena instead of the Newport Beach/John Wayne Airport area.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It’s a shame because it’s one of the nicest looking arenas in the league. Hopefully the Angels build a new ballpark instead of renovating that dump. I can see why the NHL doesn’t want an all star game here until they finish with this project. Ducks have been in the league since 1993 and still have yet to host an All Star game. I believe Disney passed on it back in the 90s because they didn’t want to spend the money to host it. Having a place to hand out before and after the game will be nice. I’d also assume visiting teams coming into town will now stay next to the arena instead of the Newport Beach/John Wayne Airport area.

I've heard the Angels want to buy land in Tustin to develop a new stadium, and turned in a formal request to the city of Anaheim to leave their lease within ten years.

All in all the development looks cool and will give people more to do out by the arena.

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
I've heard the Angels want to buy land in Tustin to develop a new stadium, and turned in a formal request to the city of Anaheim to leave their lease within ten years.

All in all the development looks cool and will give people more to do out by the arena.
The Angels used Tustin and Long Beach as leverage. The Angels plan for their land will probably be completed 20 years after Moreno is dead. Hopefully the new stadium gets built and done within the next 5/6 years.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It'll have one nice thing that LA Live somehow doesn't - direct light rail access. It's not like rail is ridiculously far away from LA Live (10-15 minute walk), but it's just one of those mind-blowing deficiencies in the network...and can make getting there a bigger pain in the ass than its worth for someone with a physical limitations like myself.

Meanwhile the ARTIC station next to Angel Stadium/Ponda Center has been open for 6 years now.

I'm a 10 mile drive to LA Live/Staples Center and a 31 mile drive to ARTIC/Ponda/Angel Stadium and that distance is palpable in a car trying to get to a game. That distance becomes far more negligible with rail, though (~hour to LA Live and ~80 mins to ARTIC for me).

Not saying that'll be a game-changer or anything of the sort, part of the light rail access being so shitty inevitably includes incredibly poor coverage of where people actually live, but it'd at least give ARTIC more of a reason to exist beyond Angels and Ducks games.

Reactions: jiggsawpuzzle35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->