Kings Article: Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings Players Vent Their NHL Lockout Frustrations

Ron*

The print is small and the text needs to be darker. It's a web site, not a reference manual.

Some of the comments, particularly by the Ducks' players, indicates to me they don't really know what is going on. They were "shocked" by the NHL's filing, saying "they are suing us" in effect.

Come on, are you kidding me? First of all, they really aren't being "sued" in the traditional sense of the word. They were "named" in the lawsuit (some of them, anyway) but other than being named these players should have been advised by their counsel already that this is nothing more than a leverage move by the NHL and that the NHLPA will counter (should be Monday).

More to the point, I am surprised that these guys have (apparently) not been advised or apprised of the recent developments between the two factions (or they have been but do not understand the process).

Penner seems to get it.

Oh well...seems like some good content in their but as I said above was kind of a difficult read in terms of legibility at 6:30 a..m. :)

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
The print is small and the text needs to be darker. It's a web site, not a reference manual.

Some of the comments, particularly by the Ducks' players, indicates to me they don't really know what is going on. They were "shocked" by the NHL's filing, saying "they are suing us" in effect.

Come on, are you kidding me? First of all, they really aren't being "sued" in the traditional sense of the word. They were "named" in the lawsuit (some of them, anyway) but other than being named these players should have been advised by their counsel already that this is nothing more than a leverage move by the NHL and that the NHLPA will counter (should be Monday).

More to the point, I am surprised that these guys have (apparently) not been advised or apprised of the recent developments between the two factions (or they have been but do not understand the process).

Penner seems to get it.

Oh well...seems like some good content in their but as I said above was kind of a difficult read in terms of legibility at 6:30 a..m. :)

I did not attempt, nor did I intend, to evaluate or analyze their comments. I was simply reporting what they had to say about the situation.

As for your comments about the text size, I don't know...the font size seems fine to me. That said, I'd appreciate more comments about that from others. Thanks for the feedback!

Ron*

I did not attempt, nor did I intend, to evaluate or analyze their comments. I was simply reporting what they had to say about the situation.

I wasn't commenting on your reporting, I was commenting on the players' statements themselves.

Directed at the players and their apparent naivety.

Ron*

As for your comments about the text size, I don't know...the font size seems fine to me. That said, I'd appreciate more comments about that from others. Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, its just too small for older people like me...but the biggest problem I have is the text color, not dark enough.

Later in the day I can probably read it easier. I wear glasses and still was kind of fuzzy due to the light color of the text.

I know the website has a theme as I have constructed web sites myself in the past but I am just saying for me its hard to read.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Yeah, its just too small for older people like me...but the biggest problem I have is the text color, not dark enough.

Later in the day I can probably read it easier. I wear glasses and still was kind of fuzzy due to the light color of the text.

I know the website has a theme as I have constructed web sites myself in the past but I am just saying for me its hard to read.

It's too light for me too.

I too find it hard to believe that the players aren't being informed by their reps as to what is going on exactly and find these players comments aren't in line with what I have heard other players say. Maybe a new party line is being preached.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
It's too light for me too.

I too find it hard to believe that the players aren't being informed by their reps as to what is going on exactly and find these players comments aren't in line with what I have heard other players say. Maybe a new party line is being preached.

I fiddled around with the body text on my site. What do you think now?

Captain Mittens*

It's not the size of the text. It's how you use it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad