Confirmed with Link: [ANA/WSH] Ducks acquire Mathieu Perreault for 4th & John Mitchell

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
For those who think another trade is necessary - it really isn't even if we're at full health.

(...)

14F, 7D with Holland, DSP, Rakell, Kurtz, Staubitz, Yonkman & Lindholm going down.

Not saying there won't be a trade but there doesn't have to be at this point.

Nicely illustrated. Especially given that non of those (further) cuts would be overly surprising, and none of those guys is really beyond having to merely start a year in the minors. Not Holland, either. Keep Lindholm up, as well, giving us a fair 22-men roster, it's entirely manageable.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Nicely illustrated. Especially given that non of those (further) cuts would be overly surprising, and none of those guys is really beyond having to merely start a year in the minors. Not Holland, either. Keep Lindholm up, as well, giving us a fair 22-men roster, it's entirely manageable.
You're forgetting the two goalies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Perreault is skilled and streaky. He'll put up a bunch of points over 5 or so games and then go scoreless for the next 5. He is a decent 3C who can fill in at 2C for a little bit, but I highly doubt he is a long term answer for a team looking for a 2C.

Streaky is the perfect word for him, that's the feeling I got when I used to watch Washington quite often.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
This question is for DVM, since he saw a lot of the pre-season games, if you had to choose between Sami and Hampus, which would you choose to stay up?

Good question. I think Sami is a better puck mover and meshes well with Allen. If we need a 3rd pairing I say him. I also tend to give him the edge on the PP.

If we are looking for someone further up (say, with Beauchemin) I think Lindholm, although he's more steady than outstanding, and I really think he'd be dramatically better after after another year in the AHL. He also does have a tendency to leave himself open to get squashed like a bug.

I think both will be on the team next year.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Good question. I think Sami is a better puck mover and meshes well with Allen. If we need a 3rd pairing I say him. I also tend to give him the edge on the PP.

If we are looking for someone further up (say, with Beauchemin) I think Lindholm, although he's more steady than outstanding, and I really think he'd be dramatically better after after another year in the AHL. He also does have a tendency to leave himself open to get squashed like a bug.

I think both will be on the team next year.

Can't use those words in the same sentence even if you aren't referring to Allen :laugh:

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
What's stopping the Ducks from calling up some of those forwards later? I don't see a downside to having some of these guys spend time in the AHL, and then earn their way back into the line-up.
Trading isn't the only option this year. Remember re-entry waivers are gone. If the Ducks think a player will clear waivers going down they could stash them in the AHL and recall them when needed. Always a good idea to keep a couple players around for when the injury bug strikes. Just have to have enough cap space to carry them, which won't be that much unless they have a big cap hit.

http://www.capgeek.com/new-cba/

A one-way contract counts against the cap as follows:
cap hit – [ minimum salary + $375,000 ]
1M - [$550k + $375k ] = 75k

For two-way contract to effect NHL cap the player would have to be making over 925k on his AHL salary. Don't think anyone makes that much in the "A" on a two-way.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
What's stopping the Ducks from calling up some of those forwards later? I don't see a downside to having some of these guys spend time in the AHL, and then earn their way back into the line-up.

Unless we make a trade that makes the Ducks better now, and in the future, I'd rather hold on to what we have and wait for spots to open up.

The reason i think a trade is eventually coming is simply the numbers game. Maybe Holland is trade bait to help beef up defense eventually

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So... one more year for Holland back down in the A. Re-sign him to a cheap bridge contract this coming off-season. It sounds like that's a possibility.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
i hope this means we are trading for an upgrade on D.

I guess he could center a 4th line of Belesky and Palmieri and we would really roll 4 lines and not worry about size.

I hope that is not the plan and we hear about another trade.

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
****. He was hands down my favorite player ever since his first game he got called up from Hershey. The guy has incredible hands, great passer, fantastic vision, and will outwork you all day. Only drawback is his size, but he seems to not know he's tiny, so he throws himself into corners without thinking about it...which can be viewed as a good or bad thing depending on the play. You all got a great player in him...and DC got nada. Enjoy!

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
The descriptions remind me a little of Andy McDonald when he was coming up. Minus a lot of speed. So that's hopeful.

GoGoGrabo

Nov 29, 2008
I don't know if you guys realize how big of a move this will turn out to be for your team. MP85 was one of the Caps best players in the playoffs last year and thats when he was playing with Joel Ward who has less speed than a turtle and Jason "stone hands" Chimera.

MP85 will be an awesome addition and I plan to watch more Ducks games this season because of it. Caps fans are VERY upset over this.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I don't know if you guys realize how big of a move this will turn out to be for your team. MP85 was one of the Caps best players in the playoffs last year and thats when he was playing with Joel Ward who has less speed than a turtle and Jason "stone hands" Chimera.

MP85 will be an awesome addition and I plan to watch more Ducks games this season because of it. Caps fans are VERY upset over this.

:handclap:

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
bar stool Murray has something up his sleeve after this. He is gonna make a trade and finally bring in some D help

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Disappointed as he's not the type of forward I would bring into West, and also that it means Holland still isn't ready.

EDIT: Although if he's centering Maroon and Beleskey it could work.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
So for opening day our lineup is

Palms-Getzlaf-Perry
Penner-Bonino-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogs
Beleskey-Perrault-Maroon

Silf and Etem out with injuries..

I like that 4th line actually

I hate how small we are at center after Getzlaf. We still lack a matchup center for big centers like Thornton and Kopitar. Koivu is good defensively, but he's too old, small, and gets tired too easily to play against those big guys. Looks like we're going to have to go with Getzlaf in a shutdown and scoring role -- this team is looking like an 80-85 point team...hope they prove me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad