Confirmed with Link: [ANA/WSH] Ducks acquire Mathieu Perreault for 4th & John Mitchell

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
From what I've seen he's agile and shifty but his top line speed isn't anything to write home about. Above average but he's no Cogliano.

That seems to mesh with what the Cap fans are saying. His possession numbers are interesting, though, and I have no problems adding a skilled depth/energy guy, especially when we're doing it with zero risk.

He's definitely undersized, and I'm not too keen on that, but I don't think this team will win or lose based on size. Not with the way it's been put together.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Perreault is skilled and streaky. He'll put up a bunch of points over 5 or so games and then go scoreless for the next 5. He is a decent 3C who can fill in at 2C for a little bit, but I highly doubt he is a long term answer for a team looking for a 2C.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Shannon, Sexton and Krog
Just what the team needed

Except Perreault is clearly better than all those three, or at least he was in Washington. Among all of BM's dumpster findings, I think this is among his best ones. It's not like he got Ben Maxwell... We'll see if it's for the 2nd line or the 4th. But even if it's for the 4th, he could end up playing with Palmieri which could be a good fit.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
He is around half a point player a game and plays low minutes, on top of that I think he is only 24 or 25....Good deal well see what happens. More trades will follow imo.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Shannon, Sexton and Krog
Just what the team needed

Not only does Perreault beat those three guys handily in terms of production at the NHL level, the comparision is also entirely forced as those three guys and Perreault are entirely different players and have nothing in common other than their size.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Why does someone need to be traded?

Yeah looking at the roster with Staubitz and Yonkman going down nobody needs to be traded, some of our young guys can simply be sent down to get to a 23 man roster. We still have a logjam but a trade isn't an absolute necessity this season with Holland, DSP etc still able to go down without waivers.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
This question is for DVM, since he saw a lot of the pre-season games, if you had to choose between Sami and Hampus, which would you choose to stay up?

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
When was the last time Murray upgraded the size and toughness of our forwards?
Or even drafted a tough in your face player
Im not even mad like I would have been in the past its 100% expected Murray gets a player like this

EverybodylovesSbisa

Jan 19, 2013
Looooooove this deal! Everytime I catch a caps game I find myself impressed with this guy. He is all over the ice and really controls the puck well. He is more skilled than Bonino and much faster of course. Not that he is a better player. Just a better option for 2c IMO.
Totally agree on that. Can't say that i watched whole WSH-Games during regular season. But i followed them during the playoffs. And trough the last years i really liked that player.

He's patient with the puck, has the vision and hands to create scoring chances.

And you know what? That guy can win Faceoffs. (something we are more towards the bottom of the league)
Also please check his friggin Shooting-% its ridiculous good. 11/12 he had 26.7 (!) during a span of 64 games. That guy knows when to shoot or when its wiser to make the play/pass to an open teammate.

Absolutely love that addition. While it isnt our most important part we have to figure out, it's a great player which is NHL proven and still could improve.

For Bonino, Holland, Rakell it may change the opportunity to play. But i could see more trades coming up. Our biggest concern remains in the defensive part. As a GM i would give up Holland, 1Dmen plus a draft for a defensive first type of player.

Anyway can't wait for the start of the season.:yo:

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Why does someone need to be traded?

Correct question, with the obvious answer that nobody does need to be traded. I think people are just getting used to what life is like with a solid farm that actually has some players that can be considered as options. Them not getting a job at the big club doesn't always mean someone's going out. It's always possible, but nothing really screams "trade away a forward" in our current situation.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Barf.

"We need size up front and top 4 defenseman, so let me trade for another small skilled tweener" -BM logic

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
When was the last time Murray upgraded the size and toughness of our forwards?
When he signed Winnik/Staubitz, I suppose.

Or even drafted a tough in your face player
When he drafted O'Brien, Helgesen and Megna last year.

If that's supposed to become an extended rant based on whatever, I'd direct you at the specifically designed Murray thread already in existence.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Totally agree on that. Can't say that i watched whole WSH-Games during regular season. But i followed them during the playoffs. And trough the last years i really liked that player.

He's patient with the puck, has the vision and hands to create scoring chances.

And you know what? That guy can win Faceoffs. (something we are more towards the bottom of the league)
Also please check his friggin Shooting-% its ridiculous good. 11/12 he had 26.7 (!) during a span of 64 games. That guy knows when to shoot or when its wiser to make the play/pass to an open teammate.

Absolutely love that addition. While it isnt our most important part we have to figure out, it's a great player which is NHL proven and still could improve.

For Bonino, Holland, Rakell it may change the opportunity to play. But i could see more trades coming up. Our biggest concern remains in the defensive part. As a GM i would give up Holland, 1Dmen plus a draft for a defensive first type of player.

Anyway can't wait for the start of the season.:yo:

26.7 shooting percentage doesn't impress me at all. That means we're getting a guy looking at huge regression. No one can maintain that level, not even the best snipers in the world like Semin, Ovi, and Stamkos.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
well we already have a glut of forwards.
going to be very disappointing if holland is sent down

What's stopping the Ducks from calling up some of those forwards later? I don't see a downside to having some of these guys spend time in the AHL, and then earn their way back into the line-up.

Unless we make a trade that makes the Ducks better now, and in the future, I'd rather hold on to what we have and wait for spots to open up.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Barf.

"We need size up front and top 4 defenseman, so let me trade for another small skilled tweener" -BM logic

A) Those are your opinions, not the actual premises for his decisions.
B) Picking up a good player, even if small, that upgrades our forward group for literally next to nothing (not even a contract slot), doesn't stop us from pursuing any other need we identify.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
On Ducks Live BM admitted we had too many forwards with a big grin on his face. No, we don't have to trade any of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Especially after acquiring another one.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
26.7 shooting percentage doesn't impress me at all. That means we're getting a guy looking at huge regression.

It has already regressed this season to an entirely sustainable amount, and even in a further diminished role, he was still a rather productive player.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
For those who think another trade is necessary - it really isn't even if we're at full health.

Palmieri
Getzlaf
Perry
Silfverberg
Bonino
Selanne
Winnik
Koivu
Etem
Cogliano
Maroon
Beleskey
Perrault
Penner

Allen
Beauchemin
Sbisa
Fowler
Lovejoy
Vatanen
Fistric

14F, 7D with Holland, DSP, Rakell, Kurtz, Staubitz, Yonkman & Lindholm going down.

Not saying there won't be a trade but there doesn't have to be at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->