Confirmed with Link: [ANA/WSH] Christian Djoos for Daniel Sprong

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Mixed feelings. I've dug Sprong as a prospect since he was drafted, so I was excited initially, but it feels kinda inevitable and he really didn't do anything that distinguished himself here outside of a good shot. Hope he can find himself in Washington.

Reactions: Masch78

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I'll wait until I learn more about Djoos but I'm tentative about this. I really like Sprong and hate losing him.

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018
With how many wingers we have this makes sense. Djoos has looked good in the few games I've seen him in

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Feel bad for Sprong on this one. He could've been given a chance here now with Ritchie and Kase being shipped out. He won't be cracking that Washington lineup. On the plus side hopefully he'll have a chance to learn how to use his shot better from AO.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This is a fail, but it was obvious this team wasn't going to give Sprong an actual chance, so may as well get something, although I'd have just preferred a mid pick.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Djoos played regularly when they won the Cup a few years ago. Just a 3rd pairing D obviously, but at least the guy has a track record. And Sprong clearly had no place on this team, for better or worse. The initial trade for Sprong was terrible, but this one at least makes sense given the current situation.

Reactions: bags07

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Really interesting that caps fans aren't all that happy with this trade. Excited to watch djoos play.

i've noticed from all of our trade partners, no fan is happy with what they got in return.

Shows how much people value our players

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
There's no putting a positive spin on the Pettersson/Sprong transaction, obviously has gone in the Pens favor.

However I will say that there is perhaps no better opportunity for a Dman to try and prove he can translate his AHL success to the big leagues. Especially right now with Fowler out, there's a wide open road to PP time that surely never existed for this guy in Washington.

I don't believe this is an AHL move, but more aimed at keeping the younger D down in SD while trying to perhaps unearth a diamond in the rough. Definitely better off giving this guy NHL minutes over someone like Guhle who isn't ready.

Reactions: d0rkwing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad