Proposal: Ana/Was

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Value is probably fine but the Caps are short on young potential top 6 forwards and are in good shape long term with several solid defense prospects.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
To Anaheim: Burakovsky

To Washington: Larsson

Fair value and helps both teams?

Bob Murray has previously stated that he's not a fan of acquiring a guy in Burakovsky's contract situation, and I get it. You get a guy in the final year of a bridge deal and you know he's motivated to get paid. There's a chance he finally has that big break out year, demands a big money long term deal and then goes right back to being a talented young player who leaves you wanting more. I just can't see going after an impending free agent of any type when we have a tight cap situation and will need to give Gibson his #1 goalie money next off season.

The Ducks have a lot of question marks in their forward group right now, mainly down the middle with the uncertainty around Kesler's health and only having two other NHL centers returning. If there's a move made up front it would likely be to acquire a cheap defensive center to act as a stop gap in any absence from Kesler. At this point I'm not expecting any movement in the winger group this off season based on Murray's recent comments... Rakell, Kase, Cogliano, Silfverberg, Ritchie and Perry for the top 9 wing spots with Eaves and Troy Terry being wild cards. There's a lot of situations that need to sort themselves out before the direction of the team becomes clear.

Murray also stated that Larsson will battle Marcus Pettersson for the third LHD spot, with the winner also likely needed to fill in top 4 minutes when injuries hit. Probably better to let that play out a bit rather than trade one and assume the other is ready to be our #5 D right now.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Its probably fair value wise... but personally I think Larsson is going to be a pretty damn good dmen… a lot of people forgot about him/slept on him but he should have his coming out party this year.

I think having Lindholm fowler and Larsson down our left side is super strong. But overall offer is fair

Last edited:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Nice offer, OP.

I really like the idea of adding Burakovsky to the Ducks at first glance. He's still fairly young, and we could use another dose of skill at LW. I think this runs into an issue of money, as heusy explained upthread. Bura's a bit rich for our blood, and he's due another contract. I don't think we can commit to him that way, and I'm not convinced we can/should move Larsson until we see more from him. Sounds like they want to give him a shot this year.

Reactions: crossbownerf

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Probably fair value wise but besides in net, LD is the last position the Caps need help with. Orlov and Kempny are locked up until 2024 and 2023 on great contracts, Djoos was a regular on the 3rd pairing last season as a rookie, and they have Lucas Johansen (28OA in 2016), Jonas Siegenthaler (57OA in 2015), and Alexander Alexeyev (31OA in 2018) as LD prospects. I'd entertain trading Burakovsky but not for another LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad