Proposal: ANA - TOR

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
You're kind of missing my point. Brown's 20 goal season was a "Brady Anderson" season. He's done it once. You act like he's a consistent 20 goal scorer.
Once out of two seasons lol.

He was on the fourth line the other season.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
And how is he a scrub? Because he isn't at Tkachuk's level (I can't think of any other young PWF's that are "stars")? Ritchie is fine.
And yet hasn't scored 20 goals. Brown is just fine too. In fact the Leafs are quite pleased with him. He can penalty kill too. Ritchie's a fine player. We would much rather add him to Brown instead of choosing between the two.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s untouchable compared to a scrub like Ritchie.
How exactly is Ritchie a scrub? 200+ hits a season should be a 40 point player when hes fully developed... I mean hes just 22, he has plenty of time to grow. He has been working on the things that hold him back the last couple off seasons.

That would be like calling Kapanen a scrub because he hasn't done much at the NHL level... hell a lot of people in the 2014 draft haven't done much yet.... Ritchie is still top 15 in the draft in points.

Brown is solid bottom 6 player, but I think if Anaheim was going to move Ritchie it would be part of a package for someone better than brown. Just like if I offered something based around the value of kapanen(lets say a 4th round pick)… theres a good chance every leaf fan says no... because kapanen still holds a lot of untapped potential(same thing applies to Ritchie)… unless your getting something of big value back in a package both those players are likely going to get looked at longer by their respected teams. Brown isn't that player .

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He’s untouchable compared to a scrub like Ritchie.

lol see, this is exactly what I meant when I told this guy not to troll before. I knew where he was going with this.

Give it a break. Connor Brown isnt as good as you're making him out to be. Both players have strengths in different areas, but their value is equal

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
How exactly is Ritchie a scrub? 200+ hits a season should be a 40 point player when hes fully developed... I mean hes just 22, he has plenty of time to grow. He has been working on the things that hold him back the last couple off seasons.

That would be like calling Kapanen a scrub because he hasn't done much at the NHL level... hell a lot of people in the 2014 draft haven't done much yet.... Ritchie is still top 15 in the draft in points.

Brown is solid bottom 6 player, but I think if Anaheim was going to move Ritchie it would be part of a package for someone better than brown. Just like if I offered something based around the value of kapanen(lets say a 4th round pick)… theres a good chance every leaf fan says no... because kapanen still holds a lot of untapped potential(same thing applies to Ritchie)… unless your getting something of big value back in a package both those players are likely going to get looked at longer by their respected teams. Brown isn't that player .

Many on this site use a three tiered system (Star, future star or scrub). No middle ground.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'd do it. Ritchie is the prototype lazy player who takes dumb penaltys & he looks like a Target employee.

Reactions: 7even

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Connor Brown's mandate from the coach is to NEVER be on the wrong side of the puck. There's not an ounce of gamble in his game.
He rarely gets into scoring position, something he's quite good at actually. When judging Brown, you don't look at the production,
you look at how well he's accomplishing the tasks given to him, which he completes without fault.

I wouldn't go that far. He is turning into quite a defensive player though.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Doesn't really have too... we have plenty of penalty killers
Only reason why i ask is because Brown is one of our top penalty killers. Not sure the Leafs can afford to lose him without replacing his presence on the PK. I do like the size and physicality of what ritchie brings which the leafs need, but i think having a good PK is more imperative in todays NHL.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Only reason why i ask is because Brown is one of our top penalty killers. Not sure the Leafs can afford to lose him without replacing his presence on the PK. I do like the size and physicality of what ritchie brings which the leafs need, but i think having a good PK is more imperative in todays NHL.
oh idk kesler, getz, henrique cogliano and silf did most our pk.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

We have Hyman and kapanen who I would argue are better pkers. To add we have Lindholm, Marner Tavares who pk as well. Heck even Johnson/Gauthier will pk.

Brown is solid but he's buried on our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->