Proposal: ANA - TOR

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
And? Stop trolling and trying to bait

I think its obvious Brown is more skilled than Ritchie, but Ritchie himself has a lot of potential and brings an element that the leafs sorely lack.
Thats considered trolling? Its fact.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Thats considered trolling? Its fact.

lol lets not start a fight as to who's better over bottom 6 forwards. You're posts insinuate you thinking there's a wide margin, but there isnt.

The only fact is, neither players are going to be top 6 players. Both players ceiling is to become a solid 3rd line or 4th line forward. The gap between the two isnt as wide as you think.

Considering we have enough skilled forwards in our lineup, adding someone like Nick Ritchie (who also happens to fit our age group), would compliment our team very well

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
lol lets not start a fight as to who's better over bottom 6 forwards. You're posts insinuate you thinking there's a wide margin, but there isnt.

The only fact is, neither players are going to be top 6 players. Both players ceiling is to become a solid 3rd line or 4th line forward. The gap between the two isnt as wide as you think.

Considering we have enough skilled forwards in our lineup, adding someone like Nick Ritchie (who also happens to fit our age group), would compliment our team very well
Should have kept Martin then.

Reactions: McDonald19

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
A 22 year old 30 point 200 hit power forward with alot of room for growth still

he hasnt hit 30pts yet, so i dont think he can be considered a 30pt guy
his 59pts in 186games gives him a 26pt full season pace.

basically he is a bottom 6 winger with size, but a guy that hasnt lived up to a top 10 draft slot.
I remember having my fingers the leafs went with skill (nylander,ehlers,larkin) over the big gronk for once despite what don cherry was saying. if they didnt take gauthier the year before i wonder if they woulda looked harder at ritchie....scary thought

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
he hasnt hit 30pts yet, so i dont think he can be considered a 30pt guy
his 59pts in 186games gives him a 26pt full season pace.

basically he is a bottom 6 winger with size, but a guy that hasnt lived up to a top 10 draft slot.
I remember having my fingers the leafs went with skill (nylander,ehlers,larkin) over the big gronk for once despite what don cherry was saying. if they didnt take gauthier the year before i wonder if they woulda looked harder at ritchie....scary thought
Was still the right pick at 10 at the time.... he fills a role at least. Obviously we were hoping for a dominant powerforward but he is still young.. lot of guys in that draft still trying to find themselves at nhl level.

He does bring a brutal physical game if he can become a 20/20 =40 to 50 point guy with 200+ hits a season... ill be good with the pick. Either way we got kase, montour, pettersson in that draft so overall it was a great draft for us.

But imagine if ehlers or nylander fell to us... i thought for sure you guys would go ritchie and wed grab nylander

Reactions: jimslob

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
As I've said in other threads re:Ritchie. There is no way Anaheim is trading him before seeing him on the ice this season - he changed his off-season up and has spent all off-season working out with Roberts so Anaheim would be incredibly dumb to trade him away before seeing how his new off-season plan translates to the ice and if it has results.

Ritchie doesn't have all that much value anyway, so if he doesn't end up breaking out this season then Anaheim isn't really losing out on much value anyway.

Reactions: Exit Dose

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
And? Stop trolling and trying to bait

I think its obvious Brown is more skilled than Ritchie, but Ritchie himself has a lot of potential and brings an element that the leafs sorely lack.
He wasn't trolling or baiting. What are you even talking about? :dunno:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Its more discrediting ritchies potential... you can say he hasnt hit his draft pedigree but actin like he has no potential is dumb.

Theres a 2 year age difference between them and a good chance ritchie ends up the vetter player

Reactions: OVO16

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Connor Brown's mandate from the coach is to NEVER be on the wrong side of the puck. There's not an ounce of gamble in his game.
He rarely gets into scoring position, something he's quite good at actually. When judging Brown, you don't look at the production,
you look at how well he's accomplishing the tasks given to him, which he completes without fault.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Seems like there's a bit of divide between Ana fans. Those sick of Richie due to his lack of success and his contract and those that think he can still amount to more.

I still think he can be better then brown but he has a ways to go risk reward like I said.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Its more discrediting ritchies potential... you can say he hasnt hit his draft pedigree but actin like he has no potential is dumb.

Theres a 2 year age difference between them and a good chance ritchie ends up the vetter player

Wait what He hasn't played to his potential and hes expected to be the better player. Brown was draft in the 6TH round worked hard to get better earned his position on the team. Ritchie was given it because of where he was drafted and has done little to nothing to prove his worth. Ill take the kid that worked his ass off to get there, and has proven to be a player leafs can insert on any line and he fits right in. When someone goes down the leafs can insert him in the top 6 and know they have a guy that can put points on the board. when hes in the bottom 6 he plays solid two way hockey and is not a liability on the ice, plus he will pop some goals in here and there. Not saying Nick is a bad player just I think the leafs sit pat with the player they have.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wait what He hasn't played to his potential and hes expected to be the better player. Brown was draft in the 6TH round worked hard to get better earned his position on the team. Ritchie was given it because of where he was drafted and has done little to nothing to prove his worth. Ill take the kid that worked his ass off to get there, and has proven to be a player leafs can insert on any line and he fits right in. When someone goes down the leafs can insert him in the top 6 and know they have a guy that can put points on the board. when hes in the bottom 6 he plays solid two way hockey and is not a liability on the ice, plus he will pop some goals in here and there. Not saying Nick is a bad player just I think the leafs sit pat with the player they have.
Im not sayin they should... im sayin anaheim is good stickin with ritchie.. he is still only 22

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
So are we just gonna go through the roster, since Manson for Nylander/Kadri and Vatanen for JVR.

what about:
Anaheim gets Freddy back
Toronto gets a 2020 1st round pick (30th) and a 2019 2nd round pick

we can do that, yeah?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
So are we just gonna go through the roster, since Manson for Nylander/Kadri and Vatanen for JVR.

what about:
Anaheim gets Freddy back
Toronto gets a 2020 1st round pick (30th) and a 2019 2nd round pick

we can do that, yeah?

I don't think Ritchie or Brown compare to any of the players you mentioned.

This should be a considered a small simple trade. Nothing substantial going from either side

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

No but the way he was typing, Ducks fans and leafs fan were gonna be flaming each other over bottom 6 forwards. He made it seem like Brown was >>>> Ritchie.

Both are even at this point

Reactions: Getz2perry

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Honestly I would do it. Brown for whatever reason has just become there. He was really good as a rookie, and now he just provides a steady defensive game on the shutdown line but not much else. Granted he doesn't get the offensive minutes the others get but still.

I know Ritchie won't give much offense either but Leafs don't need more offense. They could use a guy who is capable of shutdown minutes (not sure if he is) and has his size. I'd be scared Babcock would put him on teh first line though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Everything about Brown and Ritchie remind me of Bennett.

Either you trade him at a dirt cheap price or you keep him and hope he pans out better than what he currently is.

Most teams are going to pick the second option.

Reactions: Peaves

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Honestly I would do it. Brown for whatever reason has just become there. He was really good as a rookie, and now he just provides a steady defensive game on the shutdown line but not much else. Granted he doesn't get the offensive minutes the others get but still.

I know Ritchie won't give much offense either but Leafs don't need more offense. They could use a guy who is capable of shutdown minutes (not sure if he is) and has his size. I'd be scared Babcock would put him on teh first line though.
he has offensive potential... just hasnt clicked at nhl yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad