Confirmed Trade: [ANA/TBL] Patrick Sieloff for Chris Mueller

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Makes sense. San Diego has too many D and were playing Sieloff at Forward recently while for Syracuse D Luke Witkowksi is out for a while.

Plus the Ducks have been hit with a lot of forward injuries forcing them to borrow quite a chunk of the Gulls forward group. This definitely helps balance things out.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Just when I think the Lightning season can't get any worse, we go out and do something like this..... and totally redeem ourselves!

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Makes sense. San Diego has too many D and were playing Sieloff at Forward recently while for Syracuse D Luke Witkowksi is out for a while.

I dunno why, but I seem to remember that when he was on the Flames, somehow Sieloff was touted to be a forward/defense capable guy somewhere in between Deryk Engelland and Dustin Byfuglien...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Trade makes no sense for Syracuse. Mueller has been a bit of a defensive liability but at least he can score which the team needs more of. The defense isn't a problem and they have some prospects who need time but aren't as good as Sieloff. Maybe they are doing Mueller a solid as he might be able to get into a game for the Ducks when he has no shot of seeing the NHL with Tampa.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Trade makes no sense for Syracuse. Mueller has been a bit of a defensive liability but at least he can score which the team needs more of. The defense isn't a problem and they have some prospects who need time but aren't as good as Sieloff. Maybe they are doing Mueller a solid as he might be able to get into a game for the Ducks when he has no shot of seeing the NHL with Tampa.

Think ahead to next season. Mueller is a 33yo impending UFA who (like you said) was never going to sniff the ice in Tampa and would likely not have even re-signed with our organization, while Sieloff is a 25yo impending RFA who can be brought back next year and who, while also unlikely to ever play for Tampa, at least has an outside chance of being needed as an emergency call-up. Remember, Shattenkirk will be gone, Rutta and/or Schenn may well be as well, and Foote will hopefully make our roster out of camp; we’ll obviously look to bring in replacements but until that happens our defensive depth next season is looking pretty meager. So bringing in a guy who (again, in your own words) is better than some of our prospects isn’t a bad idea.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
This was the guy that injured fragile newlyr returning from injury teamate Clark mcarther during practice right? Lmao
I always thought Sieloff got a bum rap for this incident. He's a physical defenceman, acquired for his toughness. If he sees a guy with his head down looking at the puck and skates right past him, the coaches will rip him for playing soft on him when he's there for his physical play(Especially since his coach was Guy Boucher, who is big on physical play) and send him right down to the AHL. He's never been an offensive guy, so the most likely way to turn the coaching staff's heads is for him to play tough. So he sees a guy with his head down, hits him, probably has no idea it's the guy just coming off a concussion.

Boucher agreed on the latter part, btw
I can guarantee you that if you ask him who was in the corner he has no idea who it was. We were in the stands and I wasn’t even sure who it was.
Senators' Clarke MacArthur concussed after training camp hit - Sportsnet.ca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->