Confirmed Trade: [ANA/STL] Michael Del Zotto for 2019 6th round pick

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I guess the thought is the he's better than Chris Butler in terms of emergency backup defense? Or maybe the flu is so bad, we need an emergency backup for the emergency backup?

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Wasnt a certican Sammy Blais 6th rounder.....
i stand corrected lol, I just did some Google searching and find this tSN chart and was actually surprised b that the numbers were this high for 5,6, 7 rounders

yost-draft1_53958.jpg

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
I think they were trying to get a 5th. They were likely hoping a team would pull a Dallas & overpay for a depth Dman cause of injuries that happen leading up to the deadline (Pitt for example).
The Ducks take every pick very serious, if our scouts really like someone in the 5th round they could trade both 6th rounders to get another 5th rounder.

It was worth a shot,for sure.I thought that we should have held onto MDZ until the TDL for the exact same reason...things happen,teams get desperate,and bidding wars break out for mediocre veteran players almost every year.I don't think our GM is savvy enough to strategize that deeply but at least the 7th we got from you guys came in handy when we needed a backup goalie in a bad way and Schenn has helped stabilize the D on our AHL team.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It was worth a shot,for sure.I thought that we should have held onto MDZ until the TDL for the exact same reason...things happen,teams get desperate,and bidding wars break out for mediocre veteran players almost every year.I don't think our GM is savvy enough to strategize that deeply but at least the 7th we got from you guys came in handy when we needed a backup goalie in a bad way and Schenn has helped stabilize the D on our AHL team.
Yeah, btw Go Canucks ! Their my Canadian team due to distant family roots that settled in BC.
Beat us in Regulation, do not want an OT point lol. Boyle is in Net & Getzlaf is out.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, btw Go Canucks ! Their my Canadian team due to distant family roots that settled in BC.
Beat us in Regulation, do not want an OT point lol. Boyle is in Net & Getzlaf is out.

Should be an exciting(?) race to the bottom.We're still pretty banged up but should play better now that Gudbranson is gone.Looks like Schenn will be his replacement,probably will be an upgrade,TBH.
You guys need to replace most of your core players so this will be an important draft.We still need a couple more high end players before we'll be ready to contend again but it's slowly starting to come together.

What happened to Getzlaf?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I'm just using the logic thats been thrown at me all day. I felt the Blues should have added a quality top 9 guy.

I mean we should be thankful that we won’t have to see a Reinke Butler tandem down the stretch if it gets to that.

However I don’t disagree that adding a Hayes/Simmonds would have been a huge benefit.

Also, if Granlund was being traded within division and we had something they liked for him, I’m not sure why we didn’t make a play. However, I’m assuming Fenton just really liked Fiala. If he had the same or similar interest in Fabbri and we didn’t pounce on that, it’s a little unnerving but we will never know.

I’m guessing the thought was that once we get Perron and Schenn back our top 6 will be fine. I don’t really agree. Every top 6 player that has had success this year has been with ROR. Still not sure if I believe Sanford adds much to the lineup outside of being Tage Thompson 2.0 but we will see.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I mean we should be thankful that we won’t have to see a Reinke Butler tandem down the stretch if it gets to that.

However I don’t disagree that adding a Hayes/Simmonds would have been a huge benefit.

Also, if Granlund was being traded within division and we had something they liked for him, I’m not sure why we didn’t make a play. However, I’m assuming Fenton just really liked Fiala. If he had the same or similar interest in Fabbri and we didn’t pounce on that, it’s a little unnerving but we will never know.

I’m guessing the thought was that once we get Perron and Schenn back our top 6 will be fine. I don’t really agree. Every top 6 player that has had success this year has been with ROR. Still not sure if I believe Sanford adds much to the lineup outside of being Tage Thompson 2.0 but we will see.
I read that he really liked Fiala from his Nashville days, doubt we could have matched that, and we have salary concerns.

I'll hold off on complaining too much with MDZ till we see if he's worth a damn, not holding my breath though.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Got out played by Guhle in one game.

Dudes trash af not sure why we’re still bumping this thread lads.

Guhle had more offensive chances in one game compared to Del Zotto entire season.

Del Zotto couldn’t join a rush if his life depended on it.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I read that he really liked Fiala from his Nashville days, doubt we could have matched that, and we have salary concerns.

I'll hold off on complaining too much with MDZ till we see if he's worth a damn, not holding my breath though.

I wouldn’t hold your breath seeing him too frequently. The good news is I think MDZ will fit in the locker room very well.

However the main concern is that our two main competitors have beefed up while we stayed fairly stagnant.

I can’t imagine that our front office truly has faith in this group to A. Stay healthy and be fully prepared for a playoff push with this schedule we’ve had. Or B. Make a really solid push in the playoffs as is.

I get the notion of we’ve got something really good going on, but outside of the top line occasionally producing more than 2 goals a game I don’t feel too confident that we can generate enough offense if that line gets shutdown which will happen from time to time.

This feels like we are gearing up for another round or two of the playoffs where we can’t get enough of a secondary wave of scoring to push further. No matter how much longer Binnington and our defense is completely sound.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Should be an exciting(?) race to the bottom.We're still pretty banged up but should play better now that Gudbranson is gone.Looks like Schenn will be his replacement,probably will be an upgrade,TBH.
You guys need to replace most of your core players so this will be an important draft.We still need a couple more high end players before we'll be ready to contend again but it's slowly starting to come together.

What happened to Getzlaf?
Its a deep draft for forwards so Vancouver should be able to get another high end talent even around #10
Getzlaf Injured, i think alot of the guys are playing on cruise control with the season being lost.
The one guy who was giving 110% Daniel Sprong was scratched for 2 games in a row until last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->