Confirmed with Link: [ANA/PIT] Daniel Sprong for Marcus Pettersson

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Interesting, Friedman putting a finer point on the Pens-Ducks smoke wafting around lately.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I was previously skeptical we'd be interested in Sprong because he seems to play similarly to Aberg. Both are shoot-first RWs with one-dimensional games. Pittsburgh needs defensemen though, and we could spare a few tweeners.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
No idea what this could be from a Pitt fan.

1st + Sprong for Silfverberg?

Sprong is not valued enough for a D unless it’s Schenn. Lol

I can dig this, but I've gotta imagine JR is putting lottery protections on that pick for this upcoming draft.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Hope this puts an end to the "lol Friedman doesn't know ****" talk on this board

Generally his own speculation isn't usually on point though. It's reporting rumours that he's been good at, so I'm now inclined to believe there are actual talks being had.

The question is who we'd be moving to get an underperforming prospect like Sprong. I actually don't think it's a Silf trade because we would definitely hear his name over Sprong.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Generally his own speculation isn't usually on point though. It's reporting rumours that he's been good at, so I'm now inclined to believe there are actual talks being had.

The question is who we'd be moving to get an underperforming prospect like Sprong. I actually don't think it's a Silf trade because we would definitely hear his name over Sprong.
Sure, but it's obvious when he's posting a rumor and when he's speculating. Some people don't seem to be able to distinguish.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
He wasn’t given a fair shake in our top six.

That being said he doesn’t really do much to deserve it. With how Anaheim likes their players to play I can’t see him succeeding much better than he did with Pitt especially with RC as his coach.
If there's one thing RC does that I like, it's giving rookies fair shots throughout the lineup. I'm hoping on the right line he can be a productive player.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Good luck to skelator, larsson's play with Fowler out got him in the numbers game.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not a big fan of Sprong but I like that Murray is trying to get more skilled up front

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Pens fan here...had Sprong pretty high on my draft board at the time...

16. Daniel Sprong, RW, Charlottetown - Flashy, offensive forward with a strong array of skills. Excellent technical skills and stickhandling. Once he gets moving, his speed is very good and he can shoot well while his skates are moving. He makes no secrets about wanting the puck all the time, handling the puck all the time. Sometimes his play borders on individualistic. As a result, sometimes the timing of rushes can be thrown off or his teammates can get swept up in watching him try to weave through three defenders. Other times he sets up his man for an easy tap-in. Has a very good shot. Can score from distance. Plays the point on the power play. Skating stride is quality but he could stand to improve his acceleration even further. He will often lose interest and stop moving his feet when defensive situations arise. Showy and flashy. Highlight reel material, but how much and how often will it translate remains to be seen.

Likely potential: Top-six goal-scoring winger, like Jason Blake with a slightly slower stride. Maybe even Phil Kessel.
Bust chance: high

He has no confidence right now though...he won't even stickhandle, he just tries to throw garbage at the net and hope something breaks for him...he's speedy winger who won't play the other wing (left). Last year in the AHL, he improved his game pace (gearing down, gearing up properly, etc.) and his ability to distribute the puck in the NZ. But he's playing with luddites for most of this season, and as such, as failed because of it...he's a talent, but you need to act fast to salvage it and you don't have the luxury of the minors for him because we played him at 18...sorry. Best of luck to Sprong, really rooting for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad