Confirmed Trade: [ANA/PHI] Derek Grant for Kyle Crisculo and 2020 4th round pick

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Reserving judgement on this one until the season's over.

Sounds like we got a big, quick, versatile B6 guy who has had a strong year on a tough season, scores some goals, is a plus faceoff guy and PK's? We got him under the cap with no roster players lost, for a low pick and a middling asset?

Given some key players out this year, works for me, if nothing more than insurance..

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Only thing that worries me about Grant are the horrible possession numbers. Everything else looks decent for a 4th line center.

Looks like Grant spent most of his time this season centering Deslauriers and Rowney.

Criscuolo could be a welcome addition to San Diego to push for a playoffs berth in the AHL.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I mean, it's a 4th essentially for playoff depth insurance.

I'm fine with it. We didn't need a top-end talent anyway with this lineup's construction. We already have one of the deepest forward corps in the league.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Only thing that worries me about Grant are the horrible possession numbers. Everything else looks decent for a 4th line center.

Looks like Grant spent most of his time this season centering Deslauriers and Rowney.

Criscuolo could be a welcome addition to San Diego to push for a playoffs berth in the AHL.

Deslauriers - Grant - Rowney had a pretty absurd percentage of dzone starts, and were facing other teams top lines. There was just no way Grant was coming out of that without some ugly looking stats.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013

So you think he's the long term solution at 3C because he's there for one game? Fletcher and AV made it clear they wanted to get both of them into the lineup right away even at the expense of Farabee. We'll see how long that experiment lasts. If this team goes into the playoffs with him at 3C they'll be a quick bounce.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
After 10 days I'm pulling for him to stay a flyer as well and we have farabee and frost on the way. Average 3c great 4c is nice to have on the roster.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
AV seems to put a lot of stock in his fourth line. If I understand correctly from the broadcasts he does this to preserve the other lines because of back to backs, travel, etc. It seems to be working for him because they are getting scoring across all lines and handling their defensive chores. And if I heard correctly last night Ovechkin has not had a point against the Flyers this year. Maybe I heard that wrong.

The "skate" pass last night was quite creative for a bottom six player.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
AV seems to put a lot of stock in his fourth line. If I understand correctly from the broadcasts he does this to preserve the other lines because of back to backs, travel, etc. It seems to be working for him because they are getting scoring across all lines and handling their defensive chores. And if I heard correctly last night Ovechkin has not had a point against the Flyers this year. Maybe I heard that wrong.

The "skate" pass last night was quite creative for a bottom six player.

AV has done a great job cycling all 4 lines. Last season for example a line of Giroux, Couturier, and Voracek averaged 21:27, 22:08, and 18:40 TOI per game. This season that same line averages 19:01, 19:50, and 17:00 TOI per game. Our 4th line last year average around 8 minutes of TOI per game, while this year it's in the 11-12 minute TOI per game. Allows the guys to be fresher with back to backs as well as come the push to the playoffs.

Yes, in 4 games this season the Capitals have been outscored 16-8 by the Flyers and the Flyers have held Ovechkin to 0 points.

I'm yet another Flyers fan who will be eating crow around this trade. Grant has been great for the Flyers since the trade.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
That pass last night with his skate... if it was Crosby or McDavid, it would be all over the highlight reels

What do you not get about ELITE #1 C haha

Really happy to see him doing well. The only downside is he probably wont be coming back to the Ducks.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
5 points in 5 games now since being traded.

Has been been getting worked in CF%...like was at 17.86% tonight...lol. But he got an assist on a goal he was not one the ice for. Iced the puck, went for a change, and we scored after winning the race for the icing.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
5 points in 5 games now since being traded.

Has been been getting worked in CF%...like was at 17.86% tonight...lol. But he got an assist on a goal he was not one the ice for. Iced the puck, went for a change, and we scored after winning the race for the icing.
Ironically also means he didn't get credit for the corsi event either.

Reactions: Tripod

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Would love to have this guy instead of Jay Beagle. This is the type of bottom 6 player that's awesome to have. And for only 700k too..

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad