Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Nic Deslauriers signs extension (2 years, $1M AAV)

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Leads the NHL in fighting majors. In fact, on last check I believe he has twice as many fights as the next closest player.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ducks seem to like him and its not all that expensive. Sure why not ? 4th line plug who fights alot . Not something many teams employ these days.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He actually can play a little hockey, and with the youth we got I don't mind it at all. With zegras etc coming soon on top of the Terry and steels of the world I'm not mad at this at all.

Our fourth line has been good all season.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
This is a short term contract barely above the minimum for a responsible player who can skate and fight. I can't imagine a more ideal fourth liner. And he will be expansion eligible - remember that every team needs to make available two forwards who are (a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

Reactions: Duck Off

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Would have preferred like 850-900k, but I have no issue with this. He’s fantastic at his role. Not the best hockey player, but not a liability and consistently gives it his all every night. I like this.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Works hard and he'll probably have to fight himself soon enough, but good that he got this deal.

I guess Anaheim is going to tweak the team and will have bottom line spots open and why not give it to a good guy like Deslaurier. Likely his last contract

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Perfect time to trade him to the Caps. He can fill in as a tough 7D too can he not

DUCKS FANS WHAT WILL IT COST

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
This is a short term contract barely above the minimum for a responsible player who can skate and fight. I can't imagine a more ideal fourth liner. And he will be expansion eligible - remember that every team needs to make available two forwards who are (a) under contract in 2021-22 and b) played at least 40 NHL games the prior season or played in at least 70 NHL games in the prior two seasons.

I mean he's not a horrible player and this deal isn't bad or anything, but I'd be willing to bet he's waived before this deal is up.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I mean he's not a horrible player and this deal isn't bad or anything, but I'd be willing to bet he's waived before this deal is up.

What is your point? It could happen, perhaps because the ducks want to bring up a different player and Deslauriers can't be sent down without being waived. But so what? At this salary, he's a great depth option even in the AHL and his value as expansion draft fodder at a minimum salary makes him worth his weight in gold. In truth, if wavied, he probably gets claimed (like Sbisa). And I don't see a waivers transaction happening (barring injury) until 2021-22 at which point, the contract is mostly up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad