Proposal: Ana needs a RD

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Sabres will be stuck with 8 NHL D once everyone is healthy and there is no way to keep everyone.

Risto, Miller, Montour, Jokiharju are all playing or have played like top 4 RD. We also have Bogosian who may never play again on the right side. We have to make a move for offensive help because we have a good bottom 4 RD. in Will Borden knocking at the door as well. If Risto keeps playing well which forward would Anaheim give us to get Montour back? Lol

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
seems like just yesterday the ducks had lindholm,fowler and theodore on the left and Manson,Vatanen and Montour on the right

what happened?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
seems like just yesterday the ducks had lindholm,fowler and theodore on the left and Manson,Vatanen and Montour on the right

what happened?
Also Marcus Petterssen & Tim Heed was originally ducks prospect.

What happened was: mishandling the expansion draft: They had 1 Dman with a NMC (Kevin Bieksa) that really sucked as a player on the ice that they could have asked to waive or buy him out & they also had 4 other Dmen worth protecting so they had to trade one of them for a forward but instead of that they traded Shea Theodore to Vegas along with Clayton Stoner (who only had 1 year left on his bad contract) in exchange to not pick Josh Manson or Sami Vatanen. They decided at the time that Montour was more worth keeping because he's a RHD & his slap shot is harder.

Then the Ducks trade Vatanen during the season for Adam Henrique after Getzlaf & Ryan Kesler are out injured and need another center....they had Derek Grant playing 1st line center at one point in 2017-18 season.

Then in 2018-19 they shipped off Montour for Guhle + 1st round pick because Montour couldn't play defense under Randy Carlyles broken system.
They also shipped off Marcus Petterssen to Pittsburgh for Daniel Sprong, now they wish they had Marcus Petterssen so they wouldn't have had to trade for Guhle.

However this sets them up nicely for the expansion draft with Seattle.....they can just protect 3 Dmen and if Seattle happens to pick Guhle then its not much of a loss as they still got Brayden Tracey from the draft pick they acquired from Montour trade. Most likely Seattle will probably pick an exposed forward like Adam Henrique or Nick Ritchie.

Financially the Ducks have room to spend alot on a UFA RHD after the seattle expansion draft, Getzlaf's next contract will be for alot less than 9.75mil per year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

what happened?
Bieska took out theodore
despres got injured
vatanen was moved while we had depth for help up front
Pettersson not really sure I guess just didn't have the space for him and saw an opportunity to grab a goal scorer in sprong and went for it.

Montour was moved for fun? maybe... I dont understand that move at all to this day(only thing I could think of is negotiations didn't go well at all and we decided to just cut ties early) ... the rest kinda make sense(exception being theodore, completely miss managed )

We still have a fairly deep left side
Lindholm Fowler Guhle Larsson Mahura (I think Jackson Lacombe is going to be a really solid pick also)

right side we basically have
Manson + crap lol

I think Hunter Drew will be solid ... pretty excited about him
Simon Benoit was pretty impressive in preseason/rookie tourney
Francis/thrun have potential, but nothing elite.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Funny thing is he may be available . Edmonton D is playing better then it has in 12 years . Season is still young so we will have to wait and see if it continues .

So I will ask it again . What would the Ducks offer for Larsson ?

Maybe wait until hes healthy to get an answer here. I think the D playing well might be a result of Tippett not the lack of Adam Larsson.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Bieska took out theodore
despres got injured
vatanen was moved while we had depth for help up front
Pettersson not really sure I guess just didn't have the space for him and saw an opportunity to grab a goal scorer in sprong and went for it.

Montour was moved for fun? maybe... I dont understand that move at all to this day(only thing I could think of is negotiations didn't go well at all and we decided to just cut ties early) ... the rest kinda make sense(exception being theodore, completely miss managed )

We still have a fairly deep left side
Lindholm Fowler Guhle Larsson Mahura (I think Jackson Lacombe is going to be a really solid pick also)

right side we basically have
Manson + crap lol

I think Hunter Drew will be solid ... pretty excited about him
Simon Benoit was pretty impressive in preseason/rookie tourney
Francis/thrun have potential, but nothing elite.

Even if Bieksa didn't have the nmc. One of Manson, Theodore and Vatanen would of still been taken by Vegas. One of those would of been protected along with Fowler and Lindholm.

With Kesler always playing hurt. Ducks had to move Vatanen for Henrique

Not sure about why ducks move Montour

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Theodore was also far, far behind Lindholm and Fowler. Montour was likely traded due to difficult contract negotiations and there have been reports/whispers that he was a very difficult player to play with due to his play style not making him suitable for the top 4 in Anaheim (and/or not being able to mesh with Fowler or Lindholm). In short, they chose Lindholm, Manson, and Fowler over Vatanen, Theo, and Montour. Due to monetary reasons, as well as the expansion draft, keeping those six was simply not an option. Also, Kevin f***ing Bieksa...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would you Ana fans do Kase for Erik Gustafsson? He would come with an extension I'm pretty sure.
Idk that i would personally... kase is 1 of our few effective players on offense. Gustafsson is an interesting piece and a player i think would help our back end + pp a lot.

He is a ufa... and i imagine hes gunna get a pretty fat extension(would justin faulk be a fair comparable?) 6.5 range? Is resigning him going to be an issue, why would he be available?

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
we really need more than just a rd, we need a pp qb, at least a stop gap top4 defenseman, but preferably a long term solution.

it will cost and we wont like it. the rumor was kase for Faulk. if he contract demands were more reasonable then he would be a duck now.

add in the expansion draft and the price we had to pay last time and I get why we haven't made a move.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Zaitsev from Ottawa. Plays 24 min/night and looks decent. His 4.5M/year for next 5 years is better, than what Anaheim will pay for UFA as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->