Proposal: Ana needs a RD

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
The NYR blueline is going to be in a squeeze at some point if Nils Lundkvist continues to develop well. What would you give for Tony DeAngelo (RHD) in a purely theoretical situation? Or a package of DeAngelo & Brett Howden (C)?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The NYR blueline is going to be in a squeeze at some point if Nils Lundkvist continues to develop well. What would you give for Tony DeAngelo (RHD) in a purely theoretical situation? Or a package of DeAngelo & Brett Howden (C)?
what do you guys need.. id be okay with that.

Wait why are you packaging both? Both seem pretty solid... just no room?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'll second this.

We can certainly add. If we're adding a piece or two, though, I'd prefer it/them to be players/prospects instead of picks.

I have a feeling negotiations went fairly wrong as a RFA, and he ended up being the fall guy for RC.

Dumb move really, should have not made and drastic changes until we see how the team responded this year.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

Packaging both bc
A. Better return
B. I'm much lower on Howden then most people

I'd love Zegras, but I'm aware that he's probably well out of reach

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Packaging both bc
A. Better return

Haha ya zegras is basically our future(getz has slowed down a bit, zegras/steel/Lundy will likely be in the lineup as soon as next year) .... we need defense but not the type of defenders that would get us to move Zegras. Personally id be okay with just grabbing honka and calling it a day, wouldn't want to trade anything too crazy. But if DeAngelo becomes available id hope wed at least kick tires on him.

I wont be shocked if we look to move Henrique at some point

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Why did they trade Montour?

They seemed to have lost faith in his ability to become a dependable minute muncher. Apparently both top LHD (Lindholm/Fowler) struggled to find chemistry with Montour and found him to be too erratic. The offensive production hasn't been sufficient enough to make up for it.

He's an RFA this summer, and it would seem that the team simply wasn't keen on making a long term investment.

Reactions: duckpuck

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Haha ya zegras is basically our future(getz has slowed down a bit, zegras/steel/Lundy will likely be in the lineup as soon as next year) .... we need defense but not the type of defenders that would get us to move Zegras. Personally id be okay with just grabbing honka and calling it a day, wouldn't want to trade anything too crazy. But if DeAngelo becomes available id hope wed at least kick tires on him.

FWIW, DeAngelo's actual defensive ability isn't amazing, in terms of shot attempts against, or zone entry defenses. However, his stats both exiting the defensive zone with possession and entering the offensive zone with possession were absurdly good last season iirc. As in 95th percentile or above. If you have someone good at preventing zone entries and at least adequate at moving the puck, that pair is going to be playing a lot of offense.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

I don't really see DeAngelo being a great fit for the Ducks. He's got a pretty extensive history of being benched for attitude problems, and thats before you get into the abuse of officials thing or the juniors suspension for throwing slurs at a teammate. BM is pretty big on players that toe the line.... problem children get booted fast

Not to mention that DeAngelo is pretty vocal about his political opinions... CA might not be the place for him to go and fit in lol

Reactions: Dmang714

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Isles RHD... Pulock, Dobson, Boychuk, Mayfield, Hutton, Wilde.

We could afford to trade a young stud, but want a LW stud of equal value, back.

Any interest in prospects? Something around Wilde and Michael Dal Colle for Lundestrom?

You get an overall #5 pick, who's developed slowly but steadily (playing on 2nd line LW, but probably is more deserving of the 3LW position), and Wilde, 19, big and fast RHD, with good potential, but is probably 2 years away.

Not ideal, since we want a top 6 LW right now, and you want a RHD right now, but could be good for both teams in a few years.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Who’s out there to get and for what?
your answer is kevan miller out of boston once miller comes off the ltir...

in his ufa year... short term committment.... reasonable cap hit... a character guy who protects his teammates. an hes a local California boy who probably would help market the team

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Isles RHD... Pulock, Dobson, Boychuk, Mayfield, Hutton, Wilde.

We could afford to trade a young stud, but want a LW stud of equal value, back.

Any interest in prospects? Something around Wilde and Michael Dal Colle for Lundestrom?

You get an overall #5 pick, who's developed slowly but steadily (playing on 2nd line LW, but probably is more deserving of the 3LW position), and Wilde, 19, big and fast RHD, with good potential, but is probably 2 years away.

Not ideal, since we want a top 6 LW right now, and you want a RHD right now, but could be good for both teams in a few years.

Not bad value wise (wilde + dal colle), but I really cant see us moving any of our centers (zegras/steel/lundestrom) at the moment.

I wouldn't mind grabbing wilde tho… he was a player I really wanted in that draft.. I just don't know if we make good trade partners unless we decide to throw a guy like Henrique/silf/rakell(who can all play LW) on the block at some point in the season. Ritchie isn't much of a top 6 LW yet.. still has potential but idk that hell ever become that.... and jones has potential but young and hasn't really showed he can find ways to score at the nhl lvl yet.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Brutal. Fowler is so underrated
I agree its not a straight up trade and that Devs add but Severson is better than you give credit for. Its not everything but:
upload_2019-10-7_9-9-41.png

Corsi/fenwick are similar
Severson had twice the pts on a s**tier team last year
Sevs is a couple yrs younger and signed for about $2M less
Cam is a better d man

A small add from Shero, but I am in the camp to not trade Sevs

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Packaging both bc
A. Better return

FWIW, DeAngelo's actual defensive ability isn't amazing, in terms of shot attempts against, or zone entry defenses. However, his stats both exiting the defensive zone with possession and entering the offensive zone with possession were absurdly good last season iirc. As in 95th percentile or above. If you have someone good at preventing zone entries and at least adequate at moving the puck, that pair is going to be playing a lot of offense.

I don't really see DeAngelo being a great fit for the Ducks. He's got a pretty extensive history of being benched for attitude problems, and thats before you get into the abuse of officials thing or the juniors suspension for throwing slurs at a teammate. BM is pretty big on players that toe the line.... problem children get booted fast

Not to mention that DeAngelo is pretty vocal about his political opinions... CA might not be the place for him to go and fit in lol

Agreeing with Unsandvich !!!! on this, except as to casually including Howden.

Would prefer to see if DET would consider Chytil ++ (including Strome) for Seider + and, give those mins to Andersson, Howden, Nieves and McKegg.

DeA available.
He's apparently grown up.
As for his political views,, and being this is not the forum for an elaborate discussion of them, I will only say it is his right to be wrong, and our obligation to recognize that. Can't be a true advocate of free speech if one is adamant on conformity, esp if one is willing to arm twist to go there. Hopefully with hindsight he will evolve there too.

We have an investment in DeA. He is not even remotely untouchable. We are not giving him away. We want to get down to a streamlined core. Different assets command different returns in trade scenarios for various reasons. In case of DeA, want highest competitive bid.

DeA grew up Flyers fan. He might give them reasonable break up to a pt going forward, which is useful short term.
I want Flyer first and other considerations in deal for him.

Your 2020 1st might be better, and that would be the starting point.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Adam Larsson? :sarcasm:

Funny thing is he may be available . Edmonton D is playing better then it has in 12 years . Season is still young so we will have to wait and see if it continues .

So I will ask it again . What would the Ducks offer for Larsson ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->