Proposal: Ana needs 1st line LW

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Wow, such amazing pieces on offer...

You can have Jvr for Rakell and Montour.

We are not trading Rakell and Montour for 2 seasons of JVR

Pacioretty and Beaulieu for Fowler, Rakell and Ritchie.

Why not ask for Ducks 1st round pick as well while your at it? People need to stop expecting Ducks to make such terrible trades.

Marchand for Lindholm+Theodore

We are not rebuilding the Bruins blueline for 1 year of Marchand before he becomes a expensive UFA

cammalieri?

Not interested in a 34 year old on the smaller side player who keeps missing so many games each season and makes 5 million a year.

To Anaheim:
Kyle Connor
Marko Dano

To WPG:
Hampus Lindholm

Not going to trade Lindholm

Seriously....1st line forwards cost $$$, Ducks have no $$$, Ducks still need a first line LW.

Their solution will come internally, because that's how the Ducks roll. If they don't have one internally, then they won't have one. Not much has changed, just another year where fans want Getz & Perry to have that perfect partner, but truth is, they don't need it because once you have PB&J the bread really doesn't matter.

We don't need a 1 LW quality forward we need a top 6 one.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
At this point I'd be pretty suprised if Anaheim added a top 6 forward before the start of the season. Maybe something happens mid season. I'm ok with seeing what the team has first. The team should be just fine by just signing their own guys and filling needs internally.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Ennis is like 5'8 and a 3rd line LW and this helps Anaheim how.

... and then you offer Tatar? The 5'10" Tatar who has the same offensive production as 5'9"Ennis?

I wasn't given much to work with. Which 1LW is Anaheim getting with the junk being offered by the OP? That was kind of my point.... you aren't getting a true 1LW with those "trade chips". If you package Fowler with a prospect it would have to be one of their D prospects because they don't have much for forward prospects. If you package Fowler + a D prospect then you have all of the Ducks fans saying they can't trade 2 D. You also have to consider salary and the other team's needs.

If Ennis doesn't work then neither does Tatar... they're both 40-50 point guys, #2 LWs that you have to hope fit in well with Getzlaf/Perry and show a bit more production. Anyways, I'll wait here while you figure out the trade with only the OPs "trade chips".

:popcorn:

Here is the OP...

Are trade chips are:
Fowler
Stoner
Bieksa
Young Prospect Player

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
... and then you offer Tatar? The 5'10" Tatar who has the same offensive production as 5'9"Ennis?

I wasn't given much to work with. Which 1LW is Anaheim getting with the junk being offered by the OP? That was kind of my point.... you aren't getting a true 1LW with those "trade chips". If you package Fowler with a prospect it would have to be one of their D prospects because they don't have much for forward prospects. If you package Fowler + a D prospect then you have all of the Ducks fans saying they can't trade 2 D. You also have to consider salary and the other team's needs.

If Ennis doesn't work then neither does Tatar... they're both 40-50 point guys, #2 LWs that you have to hope fit in well with Getzlaf/Perry and show a bit more production. Anyways, I'll wait here while you figure out the trade with only the OPs "trade chips".

Here is the OP...

Most trade talk with wings fans has been based on Tatar and a 1st or pulk/jurco from a wings perspective... Ducks fans have wanted Tatar + AA/Mantha but would add something in with Fowler. As far as trades go I think the teams are pretty close on value...

buffalo fans think Ennis is worth Fowler straight up, which isn't true... and I'd much rather have Tatar than Ennis.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Why not ask for Ducks 1st round pick as well while your at it? People need to stop expecting Ducks to make such terrible trades.

We are not rebuilding the Bruins blueline for 1 year of Marchand before he becomes a expensive UFA

Not interested in a 34 year old on the smaller side player who keeps missing so many games each season and makes 5 million a year.

you must be a big hit at parties :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Ennis is not 5'9". He may be listed as it but he's far from it. Tatar also has about 25 pounds on Ennis, he's nowhere near as undersized.

In terms of production Tatar has 101 points in 163 games over the past two seasons. That's a 51 point pace. Ennis has 57 points in 101 games the past two seasons which is a 46 point pace while averaging approximately 3 minutes more per game than Tatar. If you want to use the past two full seasons he's played and ignore last season it's 89 points in 158 games which is again a 46 point pace. Not to mention the concussion concerns after missing most of last season.

Tatar is a significantly better player. As a Ducks fan I would accept Tatar plus another decent piece for Fowler. I wouldn't touch Ennis as the centrepiece for a Fowler deal.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

You have Ritchie. That solves it.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Here is the OP...
First off how many times does it have to be said, That Duck fans would rather have Tatar over Ennis any day of the month and year. If you bother to look up Tatar and Ennis Tatar is playing way better then Ennis and Tatar's best year he scored 7 more points then Ennis best year. Tyler Ennis right now is a 3rd line LW at best Tatar will bring far more of an offensive game to Anaheim then Ennis will. It's not even close.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
You have Ritchie. That solves it.

It's something to hope for, but HFDucks is particularly cautious about giftwrapping prominent roster spots to prospects. It seems like he shed a ton of baby weight this summer, so maybe he'll earn it, as well. But relying on it is a bit uncomfortable. On the other hand, that's what the cap does to good teams as good young players get raises - you need guys like that to step in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad