Proposal: Ana needs 1st line LW

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
The Ducks won't allow Bieksa to eat up an expansion protection slot over a better, younger dman. His options will be waiving his NMC for the draft or being bought out of the final year of his deal. Waiving would just be a formality, Vegas won't select him.

It's be a pretty sweet deal if they did though

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
Bieksa & Stoner are cap dumps plain and simple. Especially Bieksa with his NMC and the upcoming expansion draft (he'll have to be protected).

Anaheim has roughly $7.5M to sign Lindholm, Rakell and add their 13th forward.

IMO Anaheim should do 4 things:

1. Trade Fowler: either
A) to Boston for Spooner + 2016 3rd
-or-
B) to Detroit for Mantha + Athanasiou
-Each of these would save the Ducks roughly $3M cap space, and add youth to Anaheim's forward ranks.

2. Re-sign Lindholm long term, and Rakell to a 1/2 year contract:
Lindholm- 7yrs/$6M per
Rakell- hope he just signs a qualifier or 2yrs/$2M per.

3. Trade Bieksa with one of Montour/Larsson:
Basically a cap dump, but also opens up an extra spot to be used in expansion draft.

1. I don't think Boston gives up Sponer alone, let alone adding a 3rd, for 2 years of Fowler.

Detroit is against the cap. The only deal you can make with them will be if you take even more cap back.

2. Yes, they should sign Lindholm, if they can, to a long-term deal.

Rakell will not be signed for under $3 million. Anaheim can force him to take less but he will hold out until the December 1st deadline and Anaheim's reputation with players around the league will be ruined.

3. Bieksa will not agree to move because no team trading for him will allow him to keep his NMC.

Back to the drawing board.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Based on what you are offering...

:sabres
Fowler

:ducks2
Ennis

Buffalo want LHD and Ennis can play LW. Ennis is small but should compliment Pery/Getzlaf who but have plenty of size/strenght. Ennis has an extra year on his contract and has an AAV of +$600,000. Not an ideal 1LW but I think it could work with what your trade chips are.

Ennis is like 5'8 and a 3rd line LW and this helps Anaheim how.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Bieksa & Stoner are cap dumps plain and simple. Especially Bieksa with his NMC and the upcoming expansion draft (he'll have to be protected).

-or-
-Each of these would save the Ducks roughly $3M cap space, and add youth to Anaheim's forward ranks.

Lindholm- 7yrs/$6M per

Basically a cap dump, but also opens up an extra spot to be used in expansion draft.

Lol Detroit's not trading both Mantha+AA for Fowler, First off it doesn't help us cap wise. We're already over the cap. And besides both Mantha and AA are overpayment for Fowler alone. Unless you plan on including Montour in with the deal. There will be no deal.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
The way you guys talk about your D prospects...have you called Calgary and offered Theodore for Gaudreau and a first yet? I'm sure they'll take it.
No, we have not asked Calgary to give us Gaudreau for less than what you just offered JVR up for. The 15-ish point difference for now between JVR and Rakell at this point isn't really worth Montour.

Marchand for Lindholm+Theodore
Contracts exist. Lindholm alone is laughable to ask for for Marchand. Adding to him, let alone a blue chip prospect, is something else.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
We are trying to shed some salary can't be adding Kunitz when we still have Lindholm and Rakell to re-sign. Also wouldn't trade a 2nd or a 3rd and a prospect for Kunitz even if we had no money/cap troubles.

We don't want Brown and his $5,875,000 cap hit per year for 6 seasons terrible contract. We can easily ask Bieksa to waive for expansion or buy him out.

id like to hear more about these MONEY/CAP troubles you speak of.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
It's be a pretty sweet deal if they did though

correct me if im wrong but i get the impression the owners are somewhat tight fisted with their cash. they have an internal cap which is obviously below the salary cap. they strike me as the type then who would not be buying people out to go sit at home no ?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

-or-

Lindholm- 7yrs/$6M per

i will give up on any notion of acquiring lindholm but we all know your not getting rakell to sign for 2 yrs at 2 per. what could we work around rakell ?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
i will give up on any notion of acquiring lindholm but we all know your not getting rakell to sign for 2 yrs at 2 per. what could we work around rakell ?

JT Miller two years 2.75M is a solid comparable for what a Rakell bridge deal would look like, though I'd say Rakell's would be slightly less. He's someone the Ducks need to keep.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The only way Lando is going to Anaheim, Is if Lindholm goes to Colorado and i doubt that Murray has any interest in trading Lindholm.
He needs to decide what to do then ,he either gets a lowball package for Fowler,or loses him at the expansion draft.Or he moves a very tallented young defender for a very tallented winger,and keeps Fowler

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He needs to decide what to do then ,he either gets a lowball package for Fowler,or loses him at the expansion draft.Or he moves a very tallented young defender for a very tallented winger,and keeps Fowler

Totally agree, Murray wont do any thing with Fowler until both Lindholm and Rakell are resigned once the worlds are over on October 2nd. But definitely agree that he needs to do something here and pretty quick.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Totally agree, Murray wont do any thing with Fowler until both Lindholm and Rakell are resigned once the worlds are over on October 2nd. But definitely agree that he needs to do something here and pretty quick.
I think there are a few big moves still to happen tbh ,ANA is one of those teams that should be involved.There are probably others as having this many top end RFA,s without contracts is very unusual

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
correct me if im wrong but i get the impression the owners are somewhat tight fisted with their cash. they have an internal cap which is obviously below the salary cap. they strike me as the type then who would not be buying people out to go sit at home no ?

None of us can truly predict what teams will do, but Anaheim has not been too terribly averse to buyouts when necessary. We're still paying Fistric for that matter. I think when the option is lose one of the young D that we need going forwards or buy out 1 year of Bieksa the path is pretty clear.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think there are a few big moves still to happen tbh ,ANA is one of those teams that should be involved.There are probably others as having this many top end RFA,s without contracts is very unusual

Yup i can't remember to many times when you had this many top RFAs still left unsigned like Ristolainen, Lindholm, Trouba and Gaudreau still left unsigned by training camp. Still have to agree that Anaheim will do something here once the worlds are over. They've tons of D and could use a top 6 LW and Detroit has tons of forwards and could use a top 4 LHD/RHD still think that Anaheim and Detroit make good trading partners here. Something around Tatar+ makes tons of sense for Cam Fowler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad