GDT: Ana @ LA; right now

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Ouch. That's gonna hurt our playoff chances.

Thing is...literally everyone 1-4 won tonight. So as much as I could take solace in a win for business purposes, the Kings lottery odds didn't even change. Detroit and New Jersey...f*** off.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Thing is...literally everyone 1-4 won tonight. So as much as I could take solace in a win for business purposes, the Kings lottery odds didn't even change. Detroit and New Jersey...**** off.
Detroit beat Vegas though and that's very good.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like thats the 10th time fowler has skated past the net leaving an opponent wide open instead of stopping and protecting the back side.

We have to move him at draft... he just doesnt provide anything at 6.5, sorry fowler fan club

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I feel like thats the 10th time fowler has skated past the net leaving an opponent wide open instead of stopping and protecting the back side.

We have to move him at draft... he just doesnt provide anything at 6.5, sorry fowler fan club

Who will take him when he is what you advertise? More interestingly for what return?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Anything? He has 5 points in his last 5 games and 8 in the last 12.
Manson has 1 and 4.
Lindholm has 1 and 3.

If you’re right, there’s a Cap dump coming back for him or we are giving up a very good prospect to dump that Cap. If you’re wrong, then we just made the team worse.

The whole defense is a train wreck. Someone could make this post about every single defenseman we have 4 out of 5 games we play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11Justin93

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Anything? He has 5 points in his last 5 games and 8 in the last 12.
Manson has 1 and 4.
Lindholm has 1 and 3.

If you’re right, there’s a Cap dump coming back for him or we are giving up a very good prospect to dump that Cap. If you’re wrong, then we just made the team worse.

The whole defense is a train wreck. Someone could make this post about every single defenseman we have 4 out of 5 games we play.

Ah the leader of the fowler fan club... people still think fowler is ok cause we misplay him.... and people are desperate for dmen... i said before trade fowler while he still has trade value.

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What was useful from your post?
He’s producing offensively, so saying he doesn’t bring ANYTHING is an unsupportable statement.

As far as trading him goes, if he’s not worth 6.5M, in the current era nobody will take him back without either sending back an equally overpaid Cap dump OR us including a valuable prospect or pick (as in, not a 2nd). GM’s generally aren’t idiots. If you’re wrong, there’s no way he’s bringing back a piece nearly as good as he is, because there’s no reason for another GM to make that kind of lateral move. Regardless, our defense will be worse next year, because you won’t get a decent UFA with whatever is left over from the Cap space from whichever player comes back for him.

If you disagree with either point, explain how I’m wrong. Otherwise you’re just proudly flying the banner of the Fowler Sucks club, and not providing anything useful to the discussion.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s producing offensively, so saying he doesn’t bring ANYTHING is an unsupportable statement.

As far as trading him goes, if he’s not worth 6.5M, in the current era nobody will take him back without either sending back an equally overpaid Cap dump OR us including a valuable prospect or pick (as in, not a 2nd). GM’s generally aren’t idiots. If you’re wrong, there’s no way he’s bringing back a piece nearly as good as he is, because there’s no reason for another GM to make that kind of lateral move. Regardless, our defense will be worse next year, because you won’t get a decent UFA with whatever is left over from the Cap space from whichever player comes back for him.

If you disagree with either point, explain how I’m wrong. Otherwise you’re just proudly flying the banner of the Fowler Sucks club, and not providing anything useful to the discussion.
will respond in the morning.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

You compared Lindholms offensive #'s over the last couple games to fowlers... well lets go into detail then?(season, not just a handful of games)
Fowler .39 ppg this year(good for 73rd amongst dmen)
Lindholm .37 ppg this year
So yes fowler is infact putting up slightly more points.

Fowler plays 1:15+ mins more on the powerplay, and Lindholm plays 1:30 plus on the PK... so fowler should be producing more with the way the ice time on special teams is distributed. Lindholm has the same amount of points on powerplay as fowler.

Fowler starts in Ozone 52.7% of the time, Lindholm 40.8 that is a pretty decent size gap in zone starts..... and despite all those advantages fowler gets to produce offensively, he is only .02 ppg higher than Lindholm.

Again ill go out and say Lindholm doesn't do enough offensively, but fowler is pretty much worse offensively, doesn't do much defensively.

Now ill go to your more recent post:
His contract is market value, I expect Gardiner to get a similar #... that's just the way the market is... .doesn't make it a good contract, or a bad contract really... but the way fowler has played the last 2 seasons really makes him pretty movable asset specially considering he should be able to return an okay package, we have a ton of money tied up in Perry/Getz/Kesler…. fowler still has trade value.... dmen market is almost always a decent sellers market. So we move fowler... get a package back around what kings got for muzzin. Continue building Guhle Larsson Mahura behind Lindholm, use some of that money, maybe make a play for an actually offensive dmen that can QB the powerplay like Torey Krug... hell id trade fowler for krug straight up no questions asked.

Maybe our defense will be worse, or maybe itll be better... you don't know that and I don't know that.... that's strictly hypothetical by you.... but replacing fowler isn't exactly difficult to do. He really doesn't need to bring back a piece as good as him, giving Lindholm some of that offensive time will increase his #'s a bit... and any of our dmen getting more time on ice #'s should increase, specially if we find a way to grab someone like Krug. A new coach and a new system could help stabilize our defense. Like I said all season part of the defense biggest issue was the system, the forwards never gave them passing options and they all got stuck in the dzone… we don't put enough pressure on the other team offensively which results in our defenders playing D in our zone longer... hopefully the coaching change + offseason changes can fix that.

I don't think fowler sucks, I think the team tried to force him as a #1/#2 guy when in reality he is a #3/#4 guy.... very average defensively. Very average offensively. Great skater, but doesn't use it good enough to his advantage.... and I don't exactly hate fowler I just think hes fat that we can afford to cut.

And I don't recall seeing any other dmen in the league make those bone headed drive bye defensive plays where he leaves someone in front of the net to tap a goal in. All he had to do is stop and play defense... happens far to often with fowler. As for manson I think a majority of us knew he kinda hit his peak, I would have been down to sell high on him last year... I really don't think he will eclipse 30+ points again... he has struggled defensively almost as bad as Fowler... but I think we can at least fix Mansons defensive issues with a new coach/system.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Fowler has turned over pucks straight in front of our net for the best scoring chances of the entire game the last couple games. He's lucky Miller saved his ass on that first one today I have no idea what he was thinking.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
You compared Lindholms offensive #'s over the last couple games to fowlers... well lets go into detail then?(season, not just a handful of games)
Fowler .39 ppg this year(good for 73rd amongst dmen)
Lindholm .37 ppg this year
So yes fowler is infact putting up slightly more points.

Fowler plays 1:15+ mins more on the powerplay, and Lindholm plays 1:30 plus on the PK... so fowler should be producing more with the way the ice time on special teams is distributed. Lindholm has the same amount of points on powerplay as fowler.

Fowler starts in Ozone 52.7% of the time, Lindholm 40.8 that is a pretty decent size gap in zone starts..... and despite all those advantages fowler gets to produce offensively, he is only .02 ppg higher than Lindholm.

Again ill go out and say Lindholm doesn't do enough offensively, but fowler is pretty much worse offensively, doesn't do much defensively.

Now ill go to your more recent post:
His contract is market value, I expect Gardiner to get a similar #... that's just the way the market is... .doesn't make it a good contract, or a bad contract really... but the way fowler has played the last 2 seasons really makes him pretty movable asset specially considering he should be able to return an okay package, we have a ton of money tied up in Perry/Getz/Kesler…. fowler still has trade value.... dmen market is almost always a decent sellers market. So we move fowler... get a package back around what kings got for muzzin. Continue building Guhle Larsson Mahura behind Lindholm, use some of that money, maybe make a play for an actually offensive dmen that can QB the powerplay like Torey Krug... hell id trade fowler for krug straight up no questions asked.

Maybe our defense will be worse, or maybe itll be better... you don't know that and I don't know that.... that's strictly hypothetical by you.... but replacing fowler isn't exactly difficult to do. He really doesn't need to bring back a piece as good as him, giving Lindholm some of that offensive time will increase his #'s a bit... and any of our dmen getting more time on ice #'s should increase, specially if we find a way to grab someone like Krug. A new coach and a new system could help stabilize our defense. Like I said all season part of the defense biggest issue was the system, the forwards never gave them passing options and they all got stuck in the dzone… we don't put enough pressure on the other team offensively which results in our defenders playing D in our zone longer... hopefully the coaching change + offseason changes can fix that.

I don't think fowler sucks, I think the team tried to force him as a #1/#2 guy when in reality he is a #3/#4 guy.... very average defensively. Very average offensively. Great skater, but doesn't use it good enough to his advantage.... and I don't exactly hate fowler I just think hes fat that we can afford to cut.

And I don't recall seeing any other dmen in the league make those bone headed drive bye defensive plays where he leaves someone in front of the net to tap a goal in. All he had to do is stop and play defense... happens far to often with fowler. As for manson I think a majority of us knew he kinda hit his peak, I would have been down to sell high on him last year... I really don't think he will eclipse 30+ points again... he has struggled defensively almost as bad as Fowler... but I think we can at least fix Mansons defensive issues with a new coach/system.

This is a far more reasonable post than what you said earlier. These points are valid and fair.

The shot at ducks dvm regarding the Fowler fan club was also unnecessary. Perhaps you were heated about the game.

As far as Fowler goes, yes that not stopping by the net is awful, but I'm not sure if you or others even realize that although Fowler doesn't get points for this, he is always our breakout to lead the entry on PP1 to establish position. That's his main use on the pp.

I think offensively he's looked much better lately which leads me to believe that next year with a new coach he'll look much better. Defensively he fluctuates between a #1 and a #4 which is annoying but if he can keep up most of the offensive then I'd be ecstatic.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'm firmly of the mindset that our d dont look as good as they used to because we have one of the worst groups of forwards in the league and weaker forwards make your defense appear to be weaker. I also believe when ourbforward group was stronger we were overrated defensively.

Next year our forwards should be much better overall and I'm expecting a big rebound from Fowler Lindholm and Manson.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I'm firmly of the mindset that our d dont look as good as they used to because we have one of the worst groups of forwards in the league and weaker forwards make your defense appear to be weaker. I also believe when ourbforward group was stronger we were overrated defensively.

Next year our forwards should be much better overall and I'm expecting a big rebound from Fowler Lindholm and Manson.

I definitely think having an elite shutdown centre and prime Getzlaf down the middle helped shelter our D significantly for a number of years. The drop off in how good our D has looked coincided pretty much with when Keslers stared having issues and as he got worse so did the D.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Terry and Silf are excellent at the shootout. Rakell is pretty solid. I havent seen enough from Sprong to say he is better than those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->