Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Jared Boll (2 years, 900K AAV)

DeflatedFootball7

Jul 9, 2011
Nanaimo
Weird how when he was drafted Boll was though of as a power forward prospect. Then after his first two seasons in the NHL he became a straight enforcer. Happens to lots of guys but he actually had dece junior numbers in the U and the O.

On topic, such a weird signing for the Ducks, but defs fits the Carlyle mentality.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Without Fowler our defense is among the leagues worst. I don't understand this team right now. :shakehead

A) Not true. The Ducks had an amazing record without Fowler in the lineup, and Lindholm, Vatanen, and Manson are only going to get better.

B) The Ducks have an internal budget, and unfortunately we're stuck with Bieska. We have to shed salary, and out options are very limited.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Well they've replaced Stewart on the 4th line. Check that off the list.

And Raymond so far to replace Perron, Pirri and McGinn...

Why not get Kris Versteeg?

Surprised Versteeg isn't signed yet. Thought he played pretty respectable for the Kings. Is he not get any offers?

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
The day Jared Boll was bought out was a celebration for a lot of CBJ fans. The guy is a possession nightmare and when he isn't scratched is out there to F stuff up. I am glad he is no longer a drag on the CBJ but he was a fan favorite for people who love fighting. Not a fan of this guy on the ice at all and I would have said the same three years ago. Great guy off the ice so I wish him luck in Anaheim, but two years on a one way deal... :laugh:

Jul 22, 2012
A) Not true. The Ducks had an amazing record without Fowler in the lineup, and Lindholm, Vatanen, and Manson are only going to get better.

and you're just assuming all will be better? To each their own, but we're in for a long season if we roll with what we have right now on defense. (without Fowler)

paine

Jun 4, 2007
and you're just assuming all will be better? To each their own, but we're in for a long season if we roll with what we have right now on defense. (without Fowler)

Welcome to the world on an internal budget when you have two bottom pairing defenseman making a combined $7.25M.

And yes, I expect all three of those players to be better.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Weird how when he was drafted Boll was though of as a power forward prospect. Then after his first two seasons in the NHL he became a straight enforcer. Happens to lots of guys but he actually had dece junior numbers in the U and the O.

The biggest problem I see is how Boll never played in the AHL where he would be a 1st line player, play on the PP, and get to develop offensively.

Boll came into camp his rookie year and blew everyone way with out much effort he put forth. He immediately earned a 4th line role as a energy player (Derek Dorsett was similar). His priority was hitting, but he was actually causing some turnovers. You could see that he could be a complementary player on a 1st or 2nd line that opens up the ice for the more skilled players and can drop the gloves immediately if anyone took a cheap shot on the skilled players.

But Boll's only gotten slower, his hands haven't gotten any better and the idea of him having any offensive potential has evaporated.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It seems like a deal with Detroit would be a natural fit considering the needs Detroit has on the blue line.

The problem is that Detroit has a lack of forward depth with the departure of Datsyuk and the decline of Zetterberg, they would want to keep what little they have.

Ducksgo*

A real warrior... but two years at that price? Just expansion draft fodder? Why would Vegas want him?

Really can't figure out what Anaheim is doing right now. They need some legitimate 3rd-line forwards with speed. Don't think this is it.

It's bargain bin Bob. He always does crap like this. It's no surprise at all. And you are correct. Until Murray fixes that third line this roster stinks for next season IMO.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
That's a bit of an understatement. :laugh:

One guy will give you 5 points if you're lucky. The other guy has scored nearly 30 goals in a season.

We saw what happened when BB had pure enforcers. They rightly sat in the press box. RC will consistently put Boll in the lineup and play him 4 minutes.
Boll pks doesn't he?

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

B) The Ducks have an internal budget, and unfortunately we're stuck with Bieska. We have to shed salary, and out options are very limited.
Fowler is overrated , and his past line mates very under appreciated

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Boll was one of the better forecheckers on the CBJ when he came,into the league. Had some decent speed and willing to hit everything in sight. Actually thought he might develop into a 10g, 15a type guy. Occassional surprising skill. Unfortunately it never happened and he's since lost a step, or two. I hope he finds some of his game but a little shocked it's a 2 yr deal, one way... Great guy in the room and community but he's stealing money at this point. Wish him luck though

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I stand by my statement that Anaheim won't even make the playoffs this season.

And this team will only get worse the coming decade, since the twins plus Kesler earns a buttload and will only decline even more from now on.

Also has very limited prospects, especially among forwards.

Anaheim is in for a "Dead Wings" era.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I stand by my statement that Anaheim won't even make the playoffs this season.

And this team will only get worse the coming decade, since the twins plus Kesler earns a buttload and will only decline even more from now on.

Also has very limited prospects, especially among forwards.

Anaheim is in for a "Dead Wings" era.

We have a top 10 prospect pool.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Heck Yeah!!!

Nate Guenin
Mason Raymond
Jeff Schultz
Jared Boll

What a time to be a Ducks fan! :help:

you Ducks always gotta imitate the Kings don't you??

we get Tom Gilbert, Teddy Purcell, Zach Trotman, and Michael Latta

so naturally you guys gotta go and get Nate Guenin, Mason Raymond, Jeff Schultz, and Jared Boll!

who's next? Brad Doty??? :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->