Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Jared Boll (2 years, 900K AAV)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Ritchie needs to prove he can even play in the NHL next season before we consider him before Garbutt. Cogs playstyle does not fit with the twins at all. Rakell should be the first option on the twins line, then Garbutt.

Hoping Ritchie has a great camp. He should be motivated with spots open for the taking.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Murray likes fighters. Chris Stewart is a face puncher. Granted he is a little better at hockey than Boll.

That's a bit of an understatement. :laugh:

One guy will give you 5 points if you're lucky. The other guy has scored nearly 30 goals in a season.

We saw what happened when BB had pure enforcers. They rightly sat in the press box. RC will consistently put Boll in the lineup and play him 4 minutes.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

One guy will give you 5 points if you're lucky. The other guy has scored nearly 30 goals in a season.

We saw what happened when BB had pure enforcers. They rightly sat in the press box. RC will consistently put Boll in the lineup and play him 4 minutes.

I think we'll see. Randy is a matchup guy, after all. I think against most teams, Boll would be a healthy scratch. If he does make the NHL team.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Anaheim's forward group is looking really weak after Getzlaf, Perry, Silfverberg, Rakell, Kesler and Cogliano at this point. I know they have the budget and whatnot, but yeesh. I wonder if they'll be able to fit a Jiri Hudler in there or at least re-sign Pirri.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Anaheim's forward group is looking really weak after Getzlaf, Perry, Silfverberg, Rakell, Kesler and Cogliano at this point. I know they have the budget and whatnot, but yeesh. I wonder if they'll be able to fit a Jiri Hudler in there or at least re-sign Pirri.

Fowler or Despres trade is the key. That's where a top 6 winger comes from. Ducks can't give Hudler 4 mil per.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

Those Chris Stewart top 6 power-forward days are longgggg gone.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
dynamic_resize.jpeg

FazeLeaf*

Sweet deal for him. Gets close to what he should have made before his buyout.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
A real warrior... but two years at that price? Just expansion draft fodder? Why would Vegas want him?

Really can't figure out what Anaheim is doing right now. They need some legitimate 3rd-line forwards with speed. Don't think this is it.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
A real warrior... but two years at that price? Just expansion draft fodder? Why would Vegas want him?

Really can't figure out what Anaheim is doing right now. They need some legitimate 3rd-line forwards with speed. Don't think this is it.

That's why we're trading Cam Fowler.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Why would Vegas want him?.

Boll was well respected and well liked in the CBJ locker room. He'd be a good leadership guy for an expansion team, which is a role I'm not sure I could see him in in Anaheim where there are a lot of veterans with playoff experience.

Boll actually made the Jackets as a rookie and never played in the AHL (which was likely a mistake) but it was all due to his off-season workouts. He was one of the first of the CBJ prospects to stay in Columbus to train in the off-season and made a huge impression that first season. He would be a great influence on young players in a new expansion team. He's great in the community. Maybe Vegas will want more fights to draw the boxing fans?

In Anaheim, I predict he enjoys a lot of popcorn.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Good for him. Not so great for Anaheim's on-ice performance, unfortunately, but, hey, he's a decent guy.

Worst comes to worst, he can be buried in the AHL without cap penalty.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
That's why we're trading Cam Fowler.

Trading a player like Fowler for 3rd liners seems like selling pretty low on him no?

I have no idea what the expected return would be. Just don't really see how it helps the cap situation.

Quackers18

Feb 17, 2015
Let's just be clear. The Ducks off season has been a straight disaster. In no way are the Ducks better then they were last year. You trade Fowler for a top 6 and guess what. The defense gets worse and we still have garbage on the bottom 6. Not to mention we have the worst possession coach ever! Going to be a long season. I hold a 1% chance in my heart that Randy can prove me wrong, but i highly doubt it.

paine

Jun 4, 2007
Trading a player like Fowler for 3rd liners seems like selling pretty low on him no?

I have no idea what the expected return would be. Just don't really see how it helps the cap situation.

Tatar + Sheahan adds two quality forwards. Just one example of a trade that could work for both sides.

Let's just be clear. The Ducks off season has been a straight disaster. In no way are the Ducks better then they were last year. You trade Fowler for a top 6 and guess what. The defense gets worse and we still have garbage on the bottom 6. Not to mention we have the worst possession coach ever! Going to be a long season. I hold a 1% chance in my heart that Randy can prove me wrong, but i highly doubt it.

The Ducks were never going to be better than last season when their RFAs receive massive raises, and they have an internal budget.

The Ducks offseason shouldn't be judged until Fowler is traded, and we see what the return is.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
Boll is a no nonsense pro who just does his job and comes with zero baggage -- great to see him land another contract.

No doubt Boll's on ice play has declined (lost a step) the last few years but he's actually gotten much better at fighting -- although he only had 6 last year which was a career low that I attribute to healthy scratches and an overall league-wide decline in enforcer fights.

Would love to see him get a ring. Best of luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->