Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Jeff Schultz (1 Year, 2-Way, $575K)

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
The two way part of this is key. Good to have depth defensemen with offensive upside, rather than just slow lumbering guys.

edit: Oh... I see. Got it completely backwards. :laugh:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He was surprisingly decent in the few games that he played for LA. Many of those games were... you guessed it... during the LA-ANA series in 2014, when Mitchell was injured in Game 1 or 2 and Schultz, amazingly, filled in quite admirably for the rest of the series. It's funny how teams tend to remember players who were on teams that eliminated them.

LowFive

In Stevie We Trust
Jun 19, 2014
Someone to help fill that 6-7 Dman after Fowler is traded to Detroit? That's what i'll tell myself anyway...

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
About as solid of a #7 as you can get. Glad he found a home, though it sucks that it was the Ducks :P

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It still boggles my mind that this man was once a plus 50 in 73 games.

He was a +50 once, was a 1st-round pick and won a Stanley Cup and a Calder Cup in back to back years. He's either incredibly lucky to have achieved all of that or incredibly unlucky that the best that he can do is a 2-way deal while people confuse him for someone else. I'm not sure whether to feel happy or sad for him. I hope that he gets a chance with Anaheim and does well, though.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Wouldn't re-sign with the Kings because all they would offer him was a 2-way deal.

Signs 2-way deal with Ducks.

Good luck to you Jeff, see you in San Diego.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad