Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Jake Dotchin [1 year, $800k]

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I heard he has a heavy shot.

Joking aside, interesting that Sustr apparently vouched for him given that the two of them will be competing for the same roster spot. Either Dotchin is a great guy or Sustr isn't very smart (or both).

Actually it’s probably that Sustr is a great guy.

Reactions: wraparound

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Jokes aside, I like the signings in the past 24 hours for Anaheim as they just became harder to play against and we buy some space for their skill players.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Jokes aside, I like the signings in the past 24 hours for Anaheim as they just became harder to play against and we buy some space for their skill players.

Comtois is twice the player Ritchie is, and actually scores with a physical bite. Ritchie is a bottom six player, but I completely agree that it's a good sign for them against teams like Winnipeg, LA, SJ etc. I'm pretty sure this was a kick in the crotch for Dotchin, get your life in place and earn your way back.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Once he clears waivers, can't they move him back and forth between the minors and NHL without having to waive him again? I seem to recall a rule like that. Assuming that's the case, then having him clear waivers now (before he re-establishes his value and the ducks have anything invested in him) makes sense. My guess is no one will make a waiver claim on a player like this with questionable motivation and who very well doesn't want to play elsewhere. So waive him now.

Also, by clearing waivers, I think there may be some salary cap benefits.

I think they can, up until the player reaches certain limits. Then has to go through waivers all over again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad