Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Brandon Montour to two year deal [2yr, 3.3875AAV]

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
At this point leaf fans have to be trolling... they cant honestly come into a ducks dmen thread and think a package of johnsson/kapanen rosen and a 2nd will get the job done.

You guys don't really make a good partner for a move for Montour... wed want an equal level forward at a young age... nylander is the closest fit but worth significantly more than Montour. Kapanen + 1st is prob an okay starter but no incentive for Anaheim to move Montour(or any of our 4 dmen) for anything less then a good top 6 forward.

Kapanen, Pickard & 1st

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
What would it take?
You would have had to get Vats, cuz he was the odd man out. That day has passed. As for Marner, I'm sure he could have been the guy instead of Henrique. Obviously Marner is worth more than a Vatanen or Henrique. Anaheim drafts and chooses their D men(very well I might add). The top 4 will stay under very good deals. Monty is a bit of an enigma to me, because all the Ducks D-men show signs of brilliance, but sometimes he seems too kamikaze for my liking. I'm wondering when he calms down will he still flash??

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
You would have had to get Vats, cuz he was the odd man out. That day has passed. As for Marner, I'm sure he could have been the guy instead of Henrique. Obviously Marner is worth more than a Vatanen or Henrique. Anaheim drafts and chooses their D men(very well I might add). The top 4 will stay under very good deals. Monty is a bit of an enigma to me, because all the Ducks D-men show signs of brilliance, but sometimes he seems too kamikaze for my liking. I'm wondering when he calms down will he still flash??
Kase is sort of the same way. He flashed by doing things unorthodox, so I'm worried about what he can do in a normal year to year scenario.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Even though the Ducks got spanked by the Sharks in the playoffs, I think it was quite obvious that Montour had emerged as the team’s best defenseman......both offensively AND defensively.

This is an incredible deal for Anaheim.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's definitely not the Ducks best defensive Dman, or even top two.

Jeebus. Seriously.

With all due respect to Ducks fans who haven't partaken in this at all, Montour is starting to look like the next guy who HF collectively overrates--like Colin Miller--because of flash, production, and advanced stats without any contextual reference to their deployment versus other d-men on the team. Style over substance. Not that he has none and he's ongoing development and the sky is the limit, but statements like the above--Ducks' best d-man--are ridiculous.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Jeebus. Seriously.

With all due respect to Ducks fans who haven't partaken in this at all, Montour is starting to look like the next guy who HF collectively overrates--like Colin Miller--because of flash, production, and advanced stats without any contextual reference to their deployment versus other d-men on the team. Style over substance. Not that he has none and he's ongoing development and the sky is the limit, but statements like the above--Ducks' best d-man--are ridiculous.
We dont really overate him, were a little mad he got robbed of the norris trophy this year...but hes def favorite for next year

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Even though the Ducks got spanked by the Sharks in the playoffs, I think it was quite obvious that Montour had emerged as the team’s best defenseman......both offensively AND defensively.

This is an incredible deal for Anaheim.

Montour is pretty clearly behind Lindholm Fowler and Manson defensively. Offensively I think he will be our best guy but he’s not there yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad