Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks sign Brandon Montour to two year deal [2yr, 3.3875AAV]

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Solid bridge deal for both sides.. I like it for Ducks and for Montour... 2 years from now he will be in line for a huge raise cause i think he will become a pretty elite dman

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
Solid bridge deal for both sides.. I like it for Ducks and for Montour... 2 years from now he will be in line for a huge raise cause i think he will become a pretty elite dman
While he does have some great offensive talent, his dzone work leaves a lot to be desired... If he improves a lot in that department, he'll get a good raise, but if he doesn't...

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
While he does have some great offensive talent, his dzone work leaves a lot to be desired... If he improves a lot in that department, he'll get a good raise, but if he doesn't...

Ahhhh partner him up with a solid stay at home dman and let him run wild lol

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
This less then a 2nd round OS compensation?! Montour left a ton of money on the table IMO. Good for the Ducks.

Reactions: Morrison

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

If he puts up 30 - 40 points it will be a steal, regardless of his improvement (or lack thereof) in the d-zone.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia

His defensive play was better before Carlyle said he was working with him on his defensive game. At that point in the season he stopped playing with any sort of aggression, and he wasn't using his skating as much in the defensive end(unlike Fowler). I honestly think he's going to struggle until Carlyle is fired. Randy has made poor use of this team's mobile defense.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Higher than I thought he would get in arbitration but so much better than paying an UFA who can barely skate $3M-$4M like we normally do in free agency.

Montour is going to be at worst a number 3 guy in his prime. If he can shore up his defensive game will probably be a top pairing guy.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This less then a 2nd round OS compensation?! Montour left a ton of money on the table IMO. Good for the Ducks.
Anaheim would match an offer sheet unless it was for insane money.

Montour since he filed for arbitration was only going to get a certain amount based on his comparables. He and the ducks are happy with the outcome. If he could have gotten a lot more I think he would have gone to arbitration. But he is satisfied with the number.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm cool with this, keeps his AAV down for the next couple years. I'm expecting him to be worth at least $6M per on his next deal and we'll be closer to some flexibility by then.

For the next couple years - Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Montour for under $20M combined is pretty solid.

Reactions: One More Salami

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad