Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks Re-Sign Ondrej Kase (3 Years: $2.6M AAV)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He really is not. I find him super underrated and believe that he will be a very rich man after the next three years.
Hes 1 of the more under the radar players to watch.... and honestly Im hoping RC is smart enough to run a line of

Rakell - Getzlaf - Kase.

Take Perry away from Rakell and getzlaf and their possession #'s should look a lot better(+ kase is much better player than perry at this point)… then you put kase on a line with some high end skill players and I think you see Rakell score 40 goals, and kase hit 60 points pretty easily.

They did it in the playoffs for a little... and that line seemed like it had the capabilities of taking over a game... rakell and kase are both very slick players with high amounts of skill, and then you have getzlafs big body, passing and ability to stop defenders... I think it has the chance to be 1 of the better lines in hockey.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Love this kid, so fun to watch. I thought he'd sign for this rate at one or two years to prove himself more, looks like Murray got an extra year out of it. Great for the team.

Reactions: BHD

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Honestly it's pretty hard to find 70 point wingers, alot would depend on IT and how he handles harder minutes. Personally I like him as a matchup nightmare on the third line with Henrique and hopefully Sam Steel soon. That's a high IQ line with more talent than most thirds

Oh, I definitely agree with you that it’s unlikely but I also never imagined Rakell being one of the best goal scorers in the league.

Either way, Even if he never develops the PP ability he will continue to a beast at ES and I could see him being a good PKer that’s a threat to score in the near future.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
That site only tracked 20 games so not perfect. But I will say that Kase is already one of the better goal scorers in the NHL.

Love Kase but that’s an exaggeration honestly. He’s a very good player and a great ES scorer but I wouldn’t call him one of the best in the NHL.

Reactions: Paul4587

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
very content with this. He consistently has one of the best post-goal scoring reactions in the NHL!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Holy hell thats a steal. Dude is a top liner, he’s a goal scoring stud. Just wait until his secondary assists show up and he gets more PP time, this guy is gonna get his recognition soon.

I love Kase but he’s not close to being a top liner yet. There’s more than the game than just the numbers.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't understand why would Kase take a 3-year deal. At this price, even 2 seems like a lot but 3? He has lost himself millions of dollars.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I don't understand why would Kase take a 3-year deal. At this price, even 2 seems like a lot but 3? He has lost himself millions of dollars.

He had no leverage and 3 sets him up nicely to be a year away from UFA status with arb rights.

He’s also had some concussion injuries in the past so maybe that came into play.

Oct 18, 2011
P sure he was top 10 in the league in ES goals/60 this year
Kase is not a typical goal scorer

He is amazing in close, if he gets the goalie 1 on 1 his hands are absurd.

But he is still developing a shot. Last year it improved but he needs another jump to really be in this type of convo

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Kase is not a typical goal scorer

He is amazing in close, if he gets the goalie 1 on 1 his hands are absurd.

But he is still developing a shot. Last year it improved but he needs another jump to really be in this type of convo
A lot of top goal scorers score from right at the net a lot. Crosby, Matthews, Tavares, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->