Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] Ducks Re-Sign Ondrej Kase (3 Years: $2.6M AAV)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Amazing deal for Anaheim to lock up one of the most efficient 5 on 5 scorers in the league last year and an effective play driver at such a low cap hit. Hope Kase gets more playing time this year.
As long as he stays healthy, should flirt with 30 goals

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
One of my favourite players...even in his rookie year he looked good despite the Stats not showing it. Knew he would turn out as a solid player.

Reactions: Sean Garrity
Oct 18, 2011
Great contract for a great player!

People may look at his production by strength and assume his totals will increase with more PP time but he’s actually a much better offensive player at ES. If he ever improves his PP capabilities he could be a 70pt scorer.

For the time being he’s an absolute buzzsaw at ES. Incredible motor, great speed, great hands, and one hell of a positive attitude.
70 points is pretty optimistic. 55 is probably what you're really looking at

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Murray finally proving his worth. I love this deal. And atleast we have a guaranteed Winger signed like Rakell for the next few years.

You mean he wasn't proving his worth when he signed Rakell to a long term 3.8m contract? Or when he managed to lock up 3/4 of your top 4 to long term deals with a total cap hit of under 20m??

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
You mean he wasn't proving his worth when he signed Rakell to a long term 3.8m contract? Or when he managed to lock up 3/4 of your top 4 to long term deals with a total cap hit of under 20m??

GMBM doesn't have very many friends on the ducks board...

Cogsfordogs7

May 20, 2017
Love how excited he gets when he scores. Kid loves the game. Gotta have players like him to chip in to be a complete team when the big boys arent piling up points, which will be an issue going forward.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
70 points is pretty optimistic. 55 is probably what you're really looking at

As his ceiling? Nah, as I said, if he learns how to be a good PP player and continues to be amazing and likely improve at ES, he could hit 70. Hell, he was on pace for almost 50 points this season.

Now, will he ever be a significant enough threat to be considered for PP1 duties, that’s the real question. I could see him as a puck retrevial type player but I don’t think his skill set makes for a good PP player, so I doubt he’ll ever get there.

Oct 18, 2011
What about trading for Bieksa, extending him, giving him a NMC or signing Clayton Stoner, both of which contributed to losing Shea Theodore.

Or signing Jared Boll for two years

Or giving Carter f***ing Rowney a long term deal

Or giving injury prone Patrick Eaves a 3 year deal

Or saying he's going to shake the team up and doesn't

Plus there's also other things but I don't want to argue tonight

Oct 18, 2011
As his ceiling? Nah, as I said, if he learns how to be a good PP player and continues to be amazing and likely improve at ES, he could hit 70. Hell, he was on pace for almost 50 points this season.

Now, will he ever be a significant enough threat to be considered for PP1 duties, that’s the real question. I could see him as a puck retrevial type player but I don’t think his skill set makes for a good PP player, so I doubt he’ll ever get there.
Honestly it's pretty hard to find 70 point wingers, alot would depend on IT and how he handles harder minutes. Personally I like him as a matchup nightmare on the third line with Henrique and hopefully Sam Steel soon. That's a high IQ line with more talent than most thirds

Oct 18, 2011
While I'm not going to try and claim he hasn't made mistakes (Rowney is a really easy recent one to point to), overall he's done a pretty good job and has really put Anaheim in a pretty good position to have short and long term success.
Yes and the biggest problem is he wasted Getzlaf and Perrys primes rebuilding on the fly and then when we were close, not making any difference making moves and then when he got Kesler he relied on two extremely inexperienced goalies who were not ready to be championship goalies

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Highway robbery. He's a top 6 winger on a bit of teams in the league already. His skating is nice.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fantastic move. This kid still has room to grow and was already such a factor outside of the top 6. If Anaheim has any hope of staying relevant when the days of Getzlaf pass, it's in keeping their young talent around. While I feel Bob Murray has been questionable at best with free agents, he's still made some very solid trades and his ability to get good young talent to fair up to great deals is huge for the franchise.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Holy hell thats a steal. Dude is a top liner, he’s a goal scoring stud. Just wait until his secondary assists show up and he gets more PP time, this guy is gonna get his recognition soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad