Confirmed with Link: [ANA/CBJ] Devin Shore for Sonny Milano

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Swapping out Sprong for Milano. Milano have been rated right behind Ritchie in the draft, and in front of Pastnrak and Larkin. Murray still thinks Milano will be the best player 10 years from now.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
So much for Commie not having sources.... guess we won’t have any whinging about him when he calls things moving forward now.

This is the best trade of the day. Got rid of a vanilla 4th liner and acquired a high risk high reward guy. Great deal IMO.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Milano will get knocked down more than any hockey player you have ever seen. He will be lazy on the back check. He won’t go to the bench if his team has the puck, but will gladly go to the bench when the other team is attacking. He won’t block shots. He will make the occasional amazing goal. But the other team will score more often than his team when he is on the ice. You will get the sense that he would rather make YouTube videos about hockey tricks than actually play hockey.

Reactions: Xoggz22

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Milano will get knocked down more than any hockey player you have ever seen. He will be lazy on the back check. He won’t go to the bench if his team has the puck, but will gladly go to the bench when the other team is attacking. He won’t block shots. He will make the occasional amazing goal. But the other team will score more often than his team when he is on the ice. You will get the sense that he would rather make YouTube videos about hockey tricks than actually play hockey.
Sounds more useful than shore

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Won’t block shots? No wonder Torts hates him lol.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Doesn`t sound that Eakins will like him but you never know until you see him actually play.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
No......but you’re not going to want to do that. Much of the negatives are true, but he has skill - more than half or more of your current forwards.

That is a low bar. But thanks for answering my question.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The problem with Milano isn't his skill, he was our most skilled player on the team. And on the bright side, the issue isn't even with his effort. The dude loves to work, lives and breathes hockey, and generally works hard at the details of the game. The issue is with his consistency. One game he'll be good, then he'll fall off for 5. Then he'll flash again and go away. The guy has so much skill, and I think a lot of his skill was hamstrung here because he was afraid to make a mistake due to fear of being benched (which he was frequently). The guy is instant offense, and the change of scenery might be the wakeup call he needs to finally get consistency into his play. He's going to have a new organization who will give him a chance and remove the handcuffs from his brain. I think he'll be good for you guys, and I'm really rooting for him.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
The problem with Milano isn't his skill, he was our most skilled player on the team. And on the bright side, the issue isn't even with his effort. The dude loves to work, lives and breathes hockey, and generally works hard at the details of the game. The issue is with his consistency. One game he'll be good, then he'll fall off for 5. Then he'll flash again and go away. The guy has so much skill, and I think a lot of his skill was hamstrung here because he was afraid to make a mistake due to fear of being benched (which he was frequently). The guy is instant offense, and the change of scenery might be the wakeup call he needs to finally get consistency into his play. He's going to have a new organization who will give him a chance and remove the handcuffs from his brain. I think he'll be good for you guys, and I'm really rooting for him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

The forechecking ability isn't something he did much here. Again probably because of the mental handcuffs Torts and the coaching staff put him through. I think with freedom he will be good. He still has issues with his play, most notably defensively, but the guy has too much skill not to be in the NHL.

And I don't want to be like the other fans who are pissed, because I think a divorce from the CBJ and Milano was good for both sides. We gave him plenty of opportunities, but he just couldn't satisfy the coach. It happens. I think with more freedom to play his game and less thinking will benefit him so much.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Great call. :thumbu: Too bad McDavid didn't read that. :laugh:

ReptilianQuack

Jan 17, 2019
Vancouver
Milano doesnt need to score till next season and I will be happier with him than Shore.
We can legit lock this thread and no matter what Shore or Milano do, Ill be content with this deal.

Reactions: duckpuck

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
I haven’t seen as much of Milano as others but I thought he was too good in the offensive zone for most if his teammates. He should do well with Getzlaf.

BJ tried him on the point for the PP, not sure how long that lasted, but I thought he looked like E. Karlsson. (Not as polished)

The inconsistency is because he never had real chances, IMO. He was a lot in Torts dog house.

Let him play with good players (that can understand what he is doing), give him a good coach and keep him like that for a season or two and I think he will grow.

But like I said, I haven’t seen him as much as others.

Last edited:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Sounds like we went from rags to riches as far as shore for milano. Sound like good “ problems “
To
Have

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
No surprise with the $2.3 mil. cap hit.

Attachments

• 96A0E7F6-9F17-40C5-9AEC-9FBB12461E17.jpeg
    96A0E7F6-9F17-40C5-9AEC-9FBB12461E17.jpeg
    228.3 KB · Views: 17

Ad

Upcoming events