Confirmed with Link: [ANA/CBJ] Devin Shore for Sonny Milano

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Love this one. Hopefully Milano works out here. He has all the skill to do so.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Milano is kinda hopefully kase replacement, heinen replaces ritchie... i think i like it overall.

Milano has more of an offensive and skill upside than Shore, and Heinen has more of an offensive upside and is better defensively than Ritchie. With Comtois knocking on the door of the NHL, it made sense to move Ritchie who took too many years and did not reach his potential here. I think Anaheim did very well. Cleared a lot of role players who under-performed and kept their core intact and added some picks in the process.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Solid move for the rebuild. Milano has a scoring touch, just needs to make the jump from the AHL to the NHL Hopefully it works out better for him than Sprong.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
alright guys, as a CBJ season ticket holder... what can I genuinely expect from Shore? his numbers and advanced stats aren't pretty. is there any positives to his game? honest question lol

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
alright guys, as a CBJ season ticket holder... what can I genuinely expect from Shore? his numbers and advanced stats aren't pretty. is there any positives to his game? honest question lol
Best thing about him is he can play any forward position but he's not really good at anything.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He plays hard, gives an honest effort. Loved in the locker room. He will go to the net. Other than that, he's probably replacement level in just about everything. He's an NHL player, at least.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Mentioned on the MB that he's a decent stickhandler and skater that gets involved in the play. But for the most part he's a typical warm body depth guy who's neither a net positive nor net negative. He's just...there.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
He's a pretty good skater who can fill in anywhere, but he's probably going to be a net zero type guy. He won't really help but he's not a liability.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So they traded the teams best Italian in Cogliano for Shore then trade Shore for Milano. I like this trade.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Super low risk with high upside trade. Like Sprong has defensive issues but I see much better awareness on both sides of the ice and way more personality. He can do some flashy stuff with the puck, so if nothing else we got a fun player to watch for the rest of the season.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Super low risk with high upside trade. Like Sprong has defensive issues but I see much better awareness on both sides of the ice and way more personality. He can do some flashy stuff with the puck, so if nothing else we got a fun player to watch for the rest of the season.
Honestly, I don't get the Sprong comparisons for this reason, either. Milano isn't good defensively, but he's considerably better than Sprong, and on the offensive side of the puck he brings a MUCH more rounded skill-set; Sprong was a one-trick pony with a good shot and no hockey IQ. For Shore? I love this trade.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hopefully Milano doesn't get the Sprong treatment.

Hopefully Milano doesn't put in the lack of effort in a 200ft game like Sprong.

Honestly, I don't get the Sprong comparisons for this reason, either. Milano isn't good defensively, but he's considerably better than Sprong, and on the offensive side of the puck he brings a MUCH more rounded skill-set; Sprong was a one-trick pony with a good shot and no hockey IQ. For Shore? I love this trade.

Sprong isn't tearing up the AHL and those who watch him says he doesn't put in effort to play defense. Sprong has wheels similar or faster than Kase, but Sprong doesn't put in work like Kase on the ice. Sometimes, a player dictates his own treatment. I was a huge Sprong fan all off-season until you read AHL game reviews.

Milano seems like a more well rounded player than Sprong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad