Confirmed with Link: [ANA/BOS] Danton Heinen for Nick Ritchie

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The money doesn't matter here, especially with how little he makes. He makes Devin shore money.

Cap hits and money should come into play, even if we don’t care the Bruins do as they’re right up against the cap most years. Heinen doesn’t carry a huge cap hit but Ritchie is making peanuts.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
He was drafted as a center, playing wing for a bit in the NHL doesn't mean he is a winger by your same logic. I don't know why you are even bothering to argue about semantics like this and call it "shredding" someone." People watching him play against teenagers maybe think he is good defensively, but this guy gets run over in the NHL and shys away from physical contact.

I'm not getting into a back and forth with you, all I'm gonna say is that you don't know what you are talking about; and you questioning how often someone watches him play is the pot calling the kettle black.

It's ridiculous to have such strong opinions on players when it's so blatantly obvious you don't watch them play at all. When a guy has played nothing but wing for his entire NHL tenure, and only averages one faceoff attempt every 4-5 games, a person who watches him play isn't going to refer to him as a center.

Terry was drafted as a center. If were asked to describe him right now would you still call him a center, even though he's been playing nothing but wing as a pro?

It would be perfectly fine to say that you liked Ritchie's upside, and don't find Heinen overly interesting (I literally had that exact take) but you're way overdoing it here and it brings nothing to the discussion.

Let's be real here, how can anyone claim to have such strong opinions about a player's defensive ability yet also not even know which position they have been playing for the past three seasons (ie their entire NHL tenure)?

Reactions: duckpuck and MCB

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
It's ridiculous to have such strong opinions on players when it's so blatantly obvious you don't watch them play at all. When a guy has played nothing but wing for his entire NHL tenure, and only averages one faceoff attempt every 4-5 games, a person who watches him play isn't going to refer to him as a center.

Terry was drafted as a center. If were asked to describe him right now would you still call him a center, even though he's been playing nothing but wing as a pro?

It would be perfectly fine to say that you liked Ritchie's upside, and don't find Heinen overly interesting (I literally had that exact take) but you're way overdoing it here and it brings nothing to the discussion.

Let's be real here, how can anyone claim to have such strong opinions about a player's defensive ability yet also not even know which position they have been playing for the past three seasons (ie their entire NHL tenure)?

I've watched a hand full, can you honestly say the same?

Wing his whole life? Are you serious?
Mod edit

Last edited by a moderator:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Mod edit

I'm not claiming to have really strong opinions on this player while also not noticing what position he's playing, so I don't see why it matters how many times I've seen him.

Where do you see the word life? I said NHL tenure. He's taken less than 50 faceoffs in 220 games.

So you've watched a handful of games, and have this really strong dislike for his defensive ability, yet you apparently didn't notice he was playing the wing and not center...I think we've got this sorted.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Mod edit

Last time he played C was 5-6 years ago in college. Boston saw him as a wing from the moment he turned pro until now. He has played wing 99% of the time in the AHL and NHL.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I’ve never been a fan of Ritchies game. He isn’t great at any particular thing and takes dumb penalties. He’s also a below average fighter

Wait, what? Ritchie is very good at fighting, he just doesn’t do it often enough. He is 6-1 in 7 career fights per hockeyfights.com with big wins over Clifford, Dillon and Tinordi. He hasn’t fought in two years (March 2018).

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Short take on Heinen when he resigned with BOS.

Bruins fans and YT think Heinen is just a 40-50 point 3rd line guy and does not belong to the NHL. Wtf?

Last edited:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Reading through this thread has been interesting. Ritchie is quite the polarizing player for Ducks fans. I happen to be in the group that likes Ritchie. Big power forward that created space for his line mates and has good hands around the net. I’ll admit I haven’t seen much of Heinen, but looking at the scouting reports of Bruins fans he seems like a very bland acquisition. Ritchie seems like the much more unique player. Adding a soft defensive forward isn’t really going to solve any of the Ducks problems. Bob seemed set on moving Ritchie, but he should have waited until the summer and packaged Ritchie with other assets for a legit scorer.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He apparently is not too physical and can`t win much board battles but I do like that he`s defensively responsible and sounds like have a better overall hockey IQ. But despite what people say, we lost a lot of muscle in Ritchie, he has been one of the most consistent hitters in the league, it was just frustrating that Ritchie did not maximize his potential here - would have loved to see him more often in front of the net and also using his shot. In any case, I wish him all the best in Boston, might be a great fit for him.

Asd a leftie Heinen should fit well with Getzy, Terry and Silf and I`m sure he`ll get a look with all of them.

Reactions: Masch78

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Ritchie, when drafted, was advertised to have an excellent shot. Never saw this one here. But I do honestly think Max Jones can provide what Nick did down the road. And he can skate much better.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ritchie, when drafted, was advertised to have an excellent shot. Never saw this one here. But I do honestly think Max Jones can provide what Nick did down the road. And he can skate much better.

He scored some pretty impressive goals early on, especially in the playoffs with his shot. He just turned into more of a playmaker the past two years.

I highly doubt Jones is ever as good as Ritchie tbh. He will be a useful player but just doesn’t think the game well enough to surpass Ritchie.

Oct 18, 2011
Hes 24 and makes every line hes been on more effective. Kase is horrible without Ritchie and small Terry will be as well. He replaces the size and physical play of this altready horrible top 6?
It's a dumb trade for sure, Ritchie on top of being physical is always a plus guy in the advanced numbers spectrum in terms of adjusted shot generation, there is definitely something to him creating room for his linemates. Then you factor in how soft this team has become I absolutely hate this

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He scored some pretty impressive goals early on, especially in the playoffs with his shot. He just turned into more of a playmaker the past two years.

I highly doubt Jones is ever as good as Ritchie tbh. He will be a useful player but just doesn’t think the game well enough to surpass Ritchie.
Yeah Jones is even worse than Ritchie in offensive zone, imo. But Jones puts in more effort forechecking and can kill penalties effectively - and some of his crazy moves will work on the breakaways he gets.
So far Jones shows he is a 4th line player long-term, but a really effective one. We`ll see how he progresses, he just turned 22 so he will keep improving

Reactions: duckpuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->